Stena Line fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, October 12, 2008, 04:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgf

Stena Horizon on her way to Falmouth for drydock. Superfast X covering Rosslare to Cherbourg from tonight just left Rosslare a short while ago.

bissiere

i booked a cherbourg rosslare this weekend i asked the hostess stena line what will become stena superfast x she told me that she is leaving for greece after replacing stena adventurer

bissiere

do you think stena line could react with the arrival of grimaldi in cork and brittany ferries in rosslare by introducing other ships

DaveW1946

Stena Europe has been stuck in Fishguard overnight twice this week, blaming adverse weather, whist IF' Inishmore keeps sailing. Normally bad weather affects the Inishmore, sonwhat's going off?

bissiere

I am just leaving stena superfast x the assistant commissioner confirmed to me that he was leaving for greece after replacing stena adventurer

Andrew White

They should keep her on Rosslare route a big upgrade would do the service wonders with the new competition coming they would want top class ship unless the new lenghtend Stena Lagan and Mersey will be send to take over and increase service with the 2 ships.

bissiere

yes me I prefer stena surperfast x but ps enough cabin and the boat was rented to stene ro ro

hst

Quote from: DaveW1946 on February 01, 2020, 06:35:58 AM
Stena Europe has been stuck in Fishguard overnight twice this week, blaming adverse weather, whist IF' Inishmore keeps sailing. Normally bad weather affects the Inishmore, sonwhat's going off?
It is not always sea state that is the problem,it can be the force and direction of the wind that makes docking dangerous.  Was docking on Europe once in Fishguard when the wind broke the mooring and left a 6 ft. gap between the door and the ramp,there was no one on the ramp at the time,and the look on the face of the guy on the door said it all. If memory serves me, didn't  one ship get caught by the wind in Rosslare about 20 years back and do several million pounds of damage to port facilities including something to the lifeboat station.

bissiere

agree with you but the facilities are old and i'm coming back from rosslare with stena superfast x today i'm afraid brittany ferries want some demands on their passengers they have to plan renovations

ferryfan

SFX back in Holyhead this morning and Horizon back in Rosslare . SFX is to release Adventurer for her dry docking.

bissiere

how long should stena adventurer stay in dry dock?

jgf

Quote from: ferryfan on February 04, 2020, 11:01:23 AM
SFX back in Holyhead this morning and Horizon back in Rosslare . SFX is to release Adventurer for her dry docking.

Adventurer going the scenic route to Falmouth taking a break in Dublin at the moment.

bissiere

sfx leaves for corsica linea french company and will make the route marseille algerie it plans to add 100 cabins on surperfast x and will be renamed A REPITA according to ferry site

jgf

Storm Ciara is causing a few cancellations with Stena Estrid cruising off Dublin she was cancelled this am and pm ex Dublin.
Superfast X cancelled 02.15 ex Dublin and 08.55 ex Holyhead sailed from Dublin this afternoon and left Holyhead tonight at 9.30pm.

Stena Europe cancelled all day today and tomorrow. 

jgf

Stena Estrid appears to be cancelled tonight ex Dublin and the 0230 tomorrow morning from Holyhead is cancelled with pax transferred to IF WB Yeats.