Stena Line fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, October 12, 2008, 04:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven

Quote from: giftgrub on September 21, 2019, 07:48:03 PM
Europe is expected back in service tomorrow evening, returning in place of the Nordica on the 18.10 sailing to Fishguard, assuming no further hiccups !

Still saying Tuesday on the Stena Line Freight Live Timetable, but was taking this evenings sailing according to the booking engine.  I wouldn't be surprised to see STENA NORDICA taking this evenings sailing, but then I wouldn't be that surprised to see Europe either.  A case of wait and see I guess but it would be that unusual for a vessel to take more than 24 hours to return to service after a long refit, never mind after over 6 months off service.

Hearing some limited interior work has been done, but don't expect a huge transformation.  She was in pretty good condition anyhow, and the moaning comments online during her absence perhaps prove how well suited she was already.

https://www.niferry.co.uk/stena-europe-leaves-liverpool/
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

giftgrub

Nordica took the 18.00 sailing to Fishguard this evening, Europe remains on berth in Rosslare, now we wait to see when it returns to service.

I would say the Nordica and her crew have done a great job covering the route but it is no replacement for the Europe when it comes to the passenger spaces and room onboard.

I think at this stage both crew and passengers are looking forward to the Europe's imminent return to service.

Davy Jones

Stena Nordica is doing tonight's crossing!

Presumably she will soon be off to other pastures. The Nordica is a great little ambassador (pun) for Stena. They seem to just throw her on any crossing or charter and she does what is expected of her. I can't ever remember her having any technical issues. I wish her and her crew all the best wherever her next sailings may be.

RorieLen

Quote from: Davy Jones on September 22, 2019, 08:00:37 PM
Stena Nordica is doing tonight's crossing!

Presumably she will soon be off to other pastures. The Nordica is a great little ambassador (pun) for Stena. They seem to just throw her on any crossing or charter and she does what is expected of her. I can't ever remember her having any technical issues. I wish her and her crew all the best wherever her next sailings may be.

Her regular route is Karlskrona-Gdynia

Cladyman

Could either extended Mersey or Lagan replace Horizon?

Help grow without too much risk

pdnr777

What is going on with Europe? Still moored in Rosslare whilst Nordica is operating the FIshguard route? Any indication as to when Europe will be back on the route, I have a booking for the 5th October, hoping it will be back on the route by then

Niall

Steven

Quote from: pdnr777 on September 23, 2019, 03:44:55 PM
What is going on with Europe? Still moored in Rosslare whilst Nordica is operating the FIshguard route? Any indication as to when Europe will be back on the route, I have a booking for the 5th October, hoping it will be back on the route by then
They can't just throw her in to service as soon as she returns after 6 months absence.  Could be crew familiarisation still to be done, stores taken on, etc.  Now is the time to do everything before the relief vessel returns to the Baltic.

jimjoe

Return pushed out till tomorrow evening again based on Stena website.

Very clearly not the planned re-stocking etc (which was why she stopped at Liverpool on her way back) and obviously something unforeseen has arisen that they're struggling to resolve

IFPete

RorieLen

Quote from: IFPete on September 24, 2019, 03:35:44 PM
Weather Cancelation tonight.

Not Stena... Isle of Inishmore is cancelled for a roundtrip supposedly due to the weather 🤔

jimjoe

Quote from: RorieLen on September 24, 2019, 06:11:45 PM
Quote from: IFPete on September 24, 2019, 03:35:44 PM
Weather Cancelation tonight.

Not Stena... Isle of Inishmore is cancelled for a roundtrip supposedly due to the weather 🤔

Yeats delaying departure out of Dublin till 10 tonight. Weather being blamed also. Guessing they're trying to avoid the high seas forecast for early part of the night

Steven

Quote from: jimjoe on September 24, 2019, 01:00:49 PM
Return pushed out till tomorrow evening again based on Stena website.

Very clearly not the planned re-stocking etc (which was why she stopped at Liverpool on her way back) and obviously something unforeseen has arisen that they're struggling to resolve
We can speculate until the cows come home to be fair!

She isn't running tonight, but the higher freight capacity Nordica is with Inishmore off service mind!  Worked out well (for Stena) that!

giftgrub

Europe has had a couple of runs overnight and this evening to leave a berth free for the Nordica and has a good burst of speed with some tight turns, looks like the crew have been giving it a good workout.

Europe on live timetable to return to service tomorrow on the 18.00 sailing to Fishguard. (Fingers crossed)

IFPete