Stena Line fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, October 12, 2008, 04:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgf

Hi all, has anyone got an idea when Europe returns. I have not traveled on Nordica would like would like to squeeze in a trip before its stint on Rosslare Fishguard finishes. Many thanks.

hst

I have travelled Fishguard-Rosslare 2 or 3 times a year since 2000, originally on Beatrix. The food on Beatrix was the best, but overall Europe was the most enjoyable and most relaxing: last year we were on 4 crossings in 3 weeks (the joy of being grandad with kids over the water). On boarding Nordica ,directed on board very quickly to the front of the ship where we were abandoned and found crew unable to communicate directions upstairs with passengers due to poor english. Found our own way upstairs via a part of the ship we should not have been in and found facilities rather limited for the number of passengers that were aboard. Stena lounge was small and full,restaurant small and full (food was OK ) seating was poor and full (we shared the lounge with 2 coaches of stag parties who drank all the way from Fishguard and had to be prised out of the bar in Rosslare). There are plenty of very comfortable cabins on board but I do not think that is what you are after. I wouldn't bother rushing to Nordica for an enjoyable trip,wait for the refurbished Europe to be as good as new,it will be worth it.

seaman

Rumors going that the Europé might be a bit delayed, anyone here who has a clue on how they are proceeding? Photos etc?

RorieLen

Quote from: seaman on June 04, 2019, 08:01:00 PM
Rumors going that the Europé might be a bit delayed, anyone here who has a clue on how they are proceeding? Photos etc?

I think someone said it could be mid-July before she is back now. Most of the work is under the skin as you'd expect so don't expect any major cosmetic changes inside or out.

Steven

According to the Stena Line Freight timetable, Nordica won't be back in Karlskrona until the end of July.  Even if she is to be used to cover X for her bow ramp issue to be fixed as rumoured, we are still probably looking around the middle of July I would assume for Europe's return if that is the reason for Nordica's delayed going back to the baltic (all the other refits are done).  From the little info that is available, it seems not much is being done interior wise.  From the photos that have been "leaked" it looks as if the existing interior has been covered over with sheeting - if it is being replaced then surely they'd just remove it instead!  At the end of the day is there any real need to replace her interior anyway?  This refit is more about keeping the vessel in service than anything else.

Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

seaman

Found more photos from turkey, seems that the Europe is now getting her windows replaced now as well. And you can see that on one of the photos, she has white paint applied to the frames on the outside...

Steven

It looks like Stena Europe won't be back until July 22nd at the earliest, with Stena Nordica's return to Poland delayed as a result.

https://www.niferry.co.uk/delayed-return-from-refit-for-both-stena-lines-stena-europe-and-po-ferries-european-highlander/

A83

How is Stena Nordica coping with the summer rush?

hst

Quote from: A83 on June 23, 2019, 09:22:33 AM
Considering they struggled with the Easter traffic , it doesn't look good for a comfortable journey: book a cabin and at least have a quiet crossing.

Steven

Quote from: A83 on June 23, 2019, 09:22:33 AM
While Nordica is a fine vessel, I wouldn't fancy her at full capacity to be honest (a bit like any ferry).  Its not ideal but at least there is a passenger ship on the service.  I'm sure they'd love her back at Gdynia as well!

IFPete

When will Stena Superfast X be receiving attention to her bow door.

RorieLen

Quote from: IFPete on June 30, 2019, 03:07:56 PM
When will Stena Superfast X be receiving attention to her bow door.

I believe it's her bow ramp as opposed to the bow door. It will be difficult to sort at this time of year given they are now in the summer peak. She may have to be taken out of service to fix it so when could they do that or what could cover her? Nordica when she's finished at Fishguard?

IFPete

Nordica might hang around if its a quick fix.

Steven

Nordica seems to be the obvious option but 400 pc?  Hopefully it will just take a few days

giftgrub

Stena Europe is back in drydock in Tuzla as the rebuilding nears its completion, image appeared today on the Facebook feed previously mentioned posted by Ismail Asa of the bow getting it's Stena flash applied.