Stena Line fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, October 12, 2008, 04:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferryfan

Both Stena Precision and Stena Performer are returning to their owner Seatruck Ferries  and will be replacing the current smaller vessels currently on the Warrenpoint to Heysham route.

IFPete

What have Stena lined up to replace these two fine ships,

RorieLen

Quote from: IFPete on June 19, 2018, 07:12:26 PM
What have Stena lined up to replace these two fine ships,

I read somewhere that it looks possible Stena Scotia will join her sister Stena Hibernia on the Belfast-Heysham route and maybe Stena Carrier will go on the Belfast-Birkenhead route.

Steven

The keel has been laid on E-Flexer number 2.  This will be the first of two vessels for the Belfast - Birkenhead route.  As above, current speculation suggests that STENA SCOTIA and STENA CARRIER may be the vessels replacing the two Seatruck FSG's on the Heysham and Birkenhead routes respectively, however there has not yet been anything official from Stena.

https://www.niferry.co.uk/keel-laid-second-stena-e-flexer/

Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

IFPete

Hi Steven, was this change driven by Seatruck or Stena?

Steven

Quote from: IFPete on June 20, 2018, 10:51:38 PM
Hi Steven, was this change driven by Seatruck or Stena?
I doubt Stena wanted to be in this situation if I'm honest.  No matter what they do they are going to be down on capacity at Heysham, a route which has proven popular for unaccompanied traffic.  But then so has Seatruck's Warrenpoint to Heysham route which the two vessels are being redeployed to ;).  I suppose thats the risk when you depend on one of your competitors for a key asset.

I doubt its a coincidence that Seatruck are growing faster than the rest of the sector, and have 20% of the total Irish Sea RoRo market.

ferryfan

Stena Adventurer is now running about 1 hour 40 behind schedule due to earlier technical issues. Any info?

RorieLen

Quote from: ferryfan on June 28, 2018, 04:11:23 PM
Stena Adventurer is now running about 1 hour 40 behind schedule due to earlier technical issues. Any info?

I heard that she had an issue with her bow ramp. Presumably the delay is also compounded by what must be a massive increase in freight volumes due to the absence of the Ulysses which entered dry dock at Belfast this evening at about 5pm.

ferryfan

Adventurer seems to have lost more time, did not depart Dublin until well after 10.00 this morning.

Steven

Not good with Ulysses' 4100lm and passenger capacity missing as well.  I'm sure Stena are under even more pressure than normal.  Not good timing for Adventurer to have tech problems as well, but at least she's keeping things moving (along with SFX, Epsilon, and Dub Swift) while Ulysses takes a break.

ferryfan

Adventurer is running almost 2 hours late this morning but somehow Stena website still showing her as on time.

The insider

Adventurer  nearly  sailed without  luggage van ...had open up again  to take it

Steven

Stena are under a heck of a lot of pressure.  It may be Irish Ferries that are down a ship, but Stena have to take up the slack too.  They'll be squeezing in everything they possibly can on every sailing.  Not much scope to make up any delays when taking full loads every sailing so there could be a knock on effect

Dart

Quote from: Steven on July 06, 2018, 12:32:11 PM
Stena are under a heck of a lot of pressure.  It may be Irish Ferries that are down a ship, but Stena have to take up the slack too.  They'll be squeezing in everything they possibly can on every sailing.  Not much scope to make up any delays when taking full loads every sailing so there could be a knock on effect

Stena seem to doing just fine in the circumstances. Doesn't seem to be any delays in their Dub / Holyhead services - which would suggest they're managing well. I'd say they're delighted with the increased business.

Steven

Quote from: Dart on July 08, 2018, 12:07:57 PM
Quote from: Steven on July 06, 2018, 12:32:11 PM

Stena seem to doing just fine in the circumstances. Doesn't seem to be any delays in their Dub / Holyhead services - which would suggest they're managing well. I'd say they're delighted with the increased business.

Adventurer was running late most of the week.  As for coping just fine they've been having to leave a significant amount of freight behind as well.