Stena Line fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, October 12, 2008, 04:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven

Quote from: giftgrub on March 05, 2018, 08:54:18 PM
Saw some images on the Facebook, amazing what a few logo's and green swirls can do for a ferry.

Also, Horizon has been purchased by Stena Line, no longer a chartered vessel, while on charter no logos were allowed on the hull (same as Epsilon).

Stena Adventurer due in Falmouth on Wednesday morning and going straight into drydock for some much needed TLC.

I know there's been speculation she has been purchased due to the paint, but I haven't seen anything official yet.   If they have purchased her I'm sure there will be an official announcement in due course as we did with Lagan and Mersey.  It's strange that she has retained the Italian flag if she has been sold though.  In any case, nice to see her getting the full livery at last.

Edit:  not saying she hasn't been purchased (and there's something else I've spotted that would lend weight to that theory), just that if moves have been made in that direction that nothing has been said officially yet :).  It would certainly on the face of it make sense to purchase, if the price is right
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

IFPete

Its possible the paperwork is not finalised yet.

ferryfan

Re Stena Horizon. The ships certificate of insurance which was renewed on the 1st December 2017 to cover the period 20/02/18 to 20/02/19 names Visentini Giovanni Transporti as the shipowner on whose behalf the policy has been taken out.

SEA

Not going off topic, I have pictures of Her at East Link but I do not have permission to upload

giftgrub

Stena Adventurer has left service and is on the way to Falmouth, should arrive early tomorrow.

giftgrub

Quote from: SEA on March 06, 2018, 01:17:27 PM
Not going off topic, I have pictures of Her at East Link but I do not have permission to upload

Great news, why not try to post on shipspotting and the. Post a link.

ferryfan

Horizon already running about 3 hours late "due to earlier schedule disruptions" seems she was delayed departing Holyhead this morning by about 2 hours.

jgf

Horizon left Dublin 11.45  after an almost 5 hour turn around, passengers for 14.00 ex Holyhead transferred to the Big U

IFPete

Maybe they should have gone for on the job training in quick turnarounds with Irish Ferries on the epsilon.

RorieLen

I hear there have been numerous problems including a freight wagon that broke down on the ramp for more than an hour at one point today.

Having said that, she keeps getting later and later - what a disaster! It's not like they've never used her at Holyhead before!

giftgrub

Always going to be some issues, and never a good time to have them when stern only loading on a busy route with limited turn around time.

Image of new look here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cityswift/40671210341/

Nearly a full rebrand

Missing tag line on hull
Missing Stena Line branding under bridge (Europe is the same)

Also like the Europe it appears they did not paint the front of the ferry from top of bridge down. On other images same rust stains are visible in middle of the bridge area.

But still looks much better branded.

When Scandinavica was drydocked they used rigging to abseil down the front and paint it.

IFPete

There is a picture on You Tube of a car carrier experiencing problems loading on Epsilon.

They do not like being reversered onto ramps.

To be honest you cannot blame the crew. They have all day to load the ship in Rosslare.

Irish Ferries have worked out how to load the ship in little over an hour.