Stena Line fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, October 12, 2008, 04:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TC

She's looking fairly worn these days, especially when compared to her P&O North Channel sisters.

I don't know if its me, but Barfleur seemed also fairly dog-eared during her time with DFDS.

I think being a charter vessel and the nature of Dover to Calais, are the main causes of this.

Steven

Quote from: TC on March 07, 2016, 12:59:21 AM
She's looking fairly worn these days, especially when compared to her P&O North Channel sisters.

I don't know if its me, but Barfleur seemed also fairly dog-eared during her time with DFDS.

I think being a charter vessel and the nature of Dover to Calais, are the main causes of this.
Barfleur looked very poor as Deal Seaways.  I don't think Malo looks too bad, TBH I was pretty surprised DFDS repainted her at all (rather than a touch up and company name added) as she was never going to stay long term.  The blue paint definitely hides a lot though.  I'd expect the North Channel twins to look much better given their darker hull colour (and lack of white paint to show through).  Certainly European Highlander has plenty of rust streaking showing on her hull these days.

Quote from: Normandy on March 06, 2016, 01:25:49 PM
I see the stena Adventurer not back on the route till next Sunday so a slightly extended drydock. I guess stena Horizon back on her route on the 15 March.
Last I checked Adventurer wasn't due to leave Belfast until Sunday lunchtime.  May have changed though.

All should be back to normal on Stena's Birkenhead service.  Stena Mersey seems to have put her technical issue behind her now thankfully after another half-day layover in Belfast on Friday.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

giftgrub

Loads of fresh paint going onto the Adventurer in Belfast at the moment, the full Stena Line livery is being applied for the first time including the Blue Waves of the hull.

Images on the Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1084496608298398&set=pcb.1084497961631596&type=3&theater

Davy Jones

About time too!

Wonder if she will be "Making Good Time" as well? - she can claim that now she doesn't have the Explorer to compete with.

HSS

Quote from: giftgrub on March 07, 2016, 07:48:49 PM
Loads of fresh paint going onto the Adventurer in Belfast at the moment, the full Stena Line livery is being applied for the first time including the Blue Waves of the hull.

Images on the Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1084496608298398&set=pcb.1084497961631596&type=3&theater

Great to see Adventurer finally getting some TLC and the Blue Waves  8)

RorieLen

Quote from: Davy Jones on March 07, 2016, 09:35:11 PM
About time too!

Wonder if she will be "Making Good Time" as well? - she can claim that now she doesn't have the Explorer to compete with.

I understood the "Making Good Time" strap like has been scrapped now - it was certainly removed from all of the ferries in the fleet they had it and I don't remember seeing it on any Stena publicity for a couple of years or more now. So, in answer to your question, I'm sure she won't be getting it.

Steven

Quote from: RorieLen on March 08, 2016, 07:36:18 AM
About time too!

I understood the "Making Good Time" strap like has been scrapped now - it was certainly removed from all of the ferries in the fleet they had it and I don't remember seeing it on any Stena publicity for a couple of years or more now. So, in answer to your question, I'm sure she won't be getting it.
Yup, its been retired.

TC

Never liked 'Making Good Time'. Prefer just Stena Line. Reminds me of back on the HSS in the late 90s. If my memory serves me correctly didn't the female cabin crew wear hats? I have a vague memory of them.

NathanBrady

About time too!

They haven't put dat on a ship for years!

seaman

Quote from: NathanBrady on March 08, 2016, 11:11:37 PM
About time too!

Stena Vision still has it yet, Scandinavica got it removed last year from what i know.

NathanBrady

Quote from: seaman on March 09, 2016, 04:47:10 PM
Quote from: NathanBrady on March 08, 2016, 11:11:37 PM
About time too!

Stena Vision still has it yet, Scandinavica got it removed last year from what i know.
But dey haven't added it to a ship that hasn't got it in years - only taken it off ships

giftgrub

Adventurer has full livery applied including blue flashes either side of Stena sheild on bow, should look very good when back in service

Steven

STENA LINE LAST MINUTE EASTER OFFER

QuoteHurry offer ends March 18!

Stena Line has teamed up with Haven to offer families the chance to enjoy a cracking last minute Easter holiday offer. Book before March 18 for travel between March 25 and April 11 and get up to £70* off an Easter break.
· A three night Easter break for a family of six (two adults and up to four children under 16) costs from £349 which could work out at less than £59 per person.
· If a 3 night break just isn't long enough then families can also book a 4 or 7 night holiday which are available at a supplement.
· This great value Easter break includes return travel by car on Stena Line's Belfast to Cairnryan/Liverpool or Dublin to Holyhead routes, self-catering accommodation at Haven Presthaven Beach Resort, Prestatyn, North Wales, Hafan Y Mor, Pwllheli, North Wales or Marton Mere, near Blackpool in a caravan or apartment, access to park Splashzones and entertainment.

Book online at www.stenaline.co.uk/havenoffers, call 08445 768 889 or see your travel agent.
*Maximum saving valid for 7 night breaks at Hafan Y Mor, savings at other parks and accommodation types may vary. Other parks may be available outside of the special offer.

[ENDS]

MEDIA ENQUIRIES: For further information please contact Bronagh Cobain of Duffy Rafferty Communications on 028 9073 0880 / bronagh@duffyrafferty.com

HSS

Quote from: giftgrub on March 11, 2016, 08:17:30 PM
Adventurer has full livery applied including blue flashes either side of Stena sheild on bow, should look very good when back in service
Sounds good, any photos or links?

Steven

Quote from: HSS on March 11, 2016, 11:09:37 PM
Quote from: giftgrub on March 11, 2016, 08:17:30 PM
Sounds good, any photos or links?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/scottmackey/25698576885/in/album-72157623457108720/

Im sure better will follow :)

I think she is looking REALLY well.  Hoping to catch her leaving Belfast ;)