Stena Line fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, October 12, 2008, 04:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferryfan

Stena Horizon having trouble getting into Dublin Port this afternoon she has been circling off Howth for over an hour now

giftgrub

Quote from: ferryfan on February 16, 2016, 01:17:27 PM
Stena Horizon having trouble getting into Dublin Port this afternoon she has been circling off Howth for over an hour now

Issue with one of the Anchors according to the facebook posts.

Europe in Falmouth since around 7.45 this morning, just visible on webcam at the back right of the image

http://www.nmmc.co.uk/index.php?/justvisiting/webcams/falmouth_harbour_from_the_tower_out_to_sea

LiverpoolIrishLiam

I remember there was talk of the Stena Horizon being replaced on the Rosslare-Cherbourgh route. Is Norman Asturias her possible replacement?

giftgrub

Not now as its gone on charter to Attica/Anek

Steven

Quote from: giftgrub on February 15, 2016, 08:37:40 PM
Quote from: Collision-course on February 15, 2016, 08:26:02 PM
It seems Stena Nordica is heading for the Med.................................http://www.ship2shore.it/en/shipping/a-scandinavian-ship-for-gnv_60287.htm

Well we did not see that coming, and for 20,000 euro a day to charter !

In other news

Stena Europe is off on annual vacation tonight, heading for Falmouth for the biggest refit and technical upgrade its had in a long time.
Some of us did, though this has yet to be officially confirmed.  Nordica/Malo Seaways is also currently off-service (see DFDS fleet movements)
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

Steven

There has been a minor fire onboard Stena Transporter - thankfully nobody injured

http://www.newsmaritime.com/2016/ferry-stena-transporter-caught-fire-in-netherlands/

Stena Superfast VII is now in dry-dock with Stena Superfast VIII now slotted in to VII's schedule.  Stena Superfast X remains on SSF VIII's schedule - this makes sense as it means Stena Superfast VII will be operating the busier freight sailings with her increased free height rather than SSF X which has a height restriction.

RorieLen

I have been reading this thread (and the others) with interest since joining the forum yesterday. I must admit that I find the ferry industry very interesting and Stena Line are one of the more interesting companies. During my travels over the past few months, I have been hearing rumours and suggestions from people I know on the ships about the likelihood of new ships for the company on the Irish Sea. A yard in China or Korea was mentioned and I believe these rumours are very pertinent; there could be four or six vessels built.

PaddyL

Quote from: RorieLen on February 19, 2016, 08:51:39 AM
I have been reading this thread (and the others) with interest since joining the forum yesterday. I must admit that I find the ferry industry very interesting and Stena Line are one of the more interesting companies. During my travels over the past few months, I have been hearing rumours and suggestions from people I know on the ships about the likelihood of new ships for the company on the Irish Sea. A yard in China or Korea was mentioned and I believe these rumours are very pertinent; there could be four or six vessels built.

That has been rumoured in various places.  Would be very exciting if it happened. Guessing that they would replace the Superfasts at Cairnryan and also go to the Birkenhead and Holyhead routes.  Can't see Fishguard getting new tonnage.

Real game-changer for their rivals I would say having such purpose built tonnage.

NathanBrady

Quote from: PaddyL on February 19, 2016, 10:34:55 AM
Quote from: RorieLen on February 19, 2016, 08:51:39 AM

That has been rumoured in various places.  Would be very exciting if it happened. Guessing that they would replace the Superfasts at Cairnryan and also go to the Birkenhead and Holyhead routes.  Can't see Fishguard getting new tonnage.

Real game-changer for their rivals I would say having such purpose built tonnage.
It would give their competitors something to think about as well!!!

RorieLen

Hopefully such purpose-built ships will appear on the Irish Sea and not end up being sold to the highest builder before they are even completed!

loch garman

giftgrub..thanks for the link to the stena photos :)

Steven

Quote from: RorieLen on February 22, 2016, 11:06:18 AM
Hopefully such purpose-built ships will appear on the Irish Sea and not end up being sold to the highest builder before they are even completed!
A very good point!

Stena Superfast VII is back in service on the North Channel.  Stena Superfast X de-stored and left Belfast for Holyhead last night.  Stena Horizon expected to release Stena Adventurer once X has had her survey completed.  Talking to crew yesterday they seemed to have enjoyed their time up on the North Channel, and it was nice to hear some Welsh accents onboard. 

It was announced that we had arrived in Dublin yesterday rather than Belfast though :)!

Steven

Posted by Stena to a number of enthusiasts groups on Facebook
QuoteOn Monday evening 22nd February Superfast V11 left Dry Dock to resume service on the Belfast – Cairnryan route.
During her time in Dry Dock she had her annual underwater surveys and repairs carried out on Bow Thruster No 3 and upgrades in the passenger areas will be completed on the run in time for Easter.

Superfast X is now in Holyhead and will have an in water survey completed and will then go back into service tomorrow Wednesday 24th February at 0855 from Holyhead releasing the Stena Adventurer who will then be enroute to arrive at Harland and Wolff Dry Dock on Thursday morning 25th February.