Stena Line fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, October 12, 2008, 04:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt73

QuoteThe book Stena Line - The Story of a ferry company is available from a Swedish website in English text.

http://www.breakwater.se/product_info.php?products_id=263

I was unable to buy it direct from their website, but emailed them and they arranged for me to pay them directly and they dispatched the book on a Monday, I got it on the following Friday. It cost €53 delivered which is expensive but it is a 400+ page book with lots of information.

It was published primarily for in house use to celebrate their 50th anniversary but is available for purchase in either Swedish or English, just make sure you order the English version.

By a comedy of errors, I have ended up with two copies of this book, having ordered a completely different one!

It is in mint condition and still in the jiffy bag.

If anybody would like to buy it off me, please message me privately.

Thanks

Matt

Fast Ferry Fan

QuoteSo whats going to cover for the Stena Adventurer when she goes to drydock in April?

Usually the HSS does an extra sailing.  I'm sure it's been deliberately scheduled for when the HSS is operating again.  When in April is it off schedule?

Robbie74656

Speaking of HSS, any movement for the Voyager yet?

bfm003

QuoteSo whats going to cover for the Stena Adventurer when she goes to drydock in April?

Usually the HSS does an extra sailing.  I'm sure it's been deliberately scheduled for when the HSS is operating again.  When in April is it off schedule?

Not too sure, but heard it's going to Falmouth and they will be doing a major passenger area refit.
Ok the HSS may take the passengers but what about the freight, they chartered in a ship the last time she went to drydock.

bfm003

Thinking back, I think it was the European Endeavor that they chartered in last time but P&O are using her themselves at the moment.

mrwt.nsf

Hello, just joined IF last week and I wanted to take this opportunity to write my first post on the first thread I saw on this forum.

Both the Stena Carrier and Stena Freighter have been chartered to Transfennica to operate between Zeebrugge-Bilbao and because of a joint agreement with P&O, they will be using the P&O berths at Zeebrugge. It's great to see them chartered out so quickly.

As for the Central Corridor, it was the Norman Trader (sister to Endeavour) that covered the Holyhead-Dublin route, when the Stena Adventurer was away.
Personally, I can see Stena doing the following:
1) leaving just the Nordica and Explorer operating and any extra capacity will be shuttled by Irish Ferries (similar to what happened at Pembroke/Fishguard-Rosslare)
2) They use the Finnarrow again
3) They use the Norman Trader again
4) They charter a spare Seatruck vessel which uses either their own berths or the other Irish Ferries berth.

1 or 2 are probably the most likely.

bfm003

Yeah it was the Norman Trader that replaced the Adventurer, I remember it now, thanks for that :)

giftgrub

Stena Line have chartered the Clipper Pennant from Seatruck, for two years, will we see it placed on the Dublin - Holyhead route ???

mrwt.nsf

Where did you hear about that? I don't know where she'll go, unless Stena need extra capacity on the Irish Sea or maybe the Baltic and North Seas. Although why they can't use the Stena Scotia I don't know.

giftgrub

Alanmac

QuoteIt is mentioned on FONE that the Stena Lagan will be providing cover for the Stena Nordica during the refit season on the Dublin - Holyhead route, and the Finnarrow will be chartered to cover for the Stena Lagan on Belfast - Birkenhead.

The Finnarrow is a vessel well known to Stena Line as it was previously chartered for the Karlskrona - Gydnia and Harwich - Hoek routes.

It will be interesting to see how the Stena Lagan performs on the Dublin - Holyhead route as it is stern loading only and Stena have quite a few of these Visentini built vessels in their fleet !!

The Finnarrow is now underway to Holyhead.

giftgrub

Yes, The Finnarrow has left Travemunde with destination Holyhead via Nok.

She will arrive on Wednesday morning at 10.00 and take up service on Friday at 2030 ex Holyhead - 24 hours later than planned. Stena Europe will now not arrive at Belfast for refit until Sunday morning 20th Jan, also 24 hours later than planned.

Wonder will the Stena Europe or Nordica receive the "Making Good Time" Branding and Blue Wave the rest of the Stena fleet have got ?

mrwt.nsf

So the Finnarrow is covering the Nordica and then after she comes back from a refit she'll be covering the Europe then the Superfasts?

I wonder what's going to happen to the Stena Scotia,  Stena Hibernia and the Clipper Pennant over the next few months.

mrwt.nsf

Note: Nordica covering Europe & Superfasts.

mrwt.nsf

Finnarrow has arrived on the Central Corridor now.