HSS Stena Explorer

Started by jswift, February 18, 2011, 02:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giftgrub

The Christmas and New Year sailings are on the booking system, Dec 20th/23rd - Dec 27th/31st, Jan2nd/Jan 5th. No sailings for the rest of 2014 available yet.

Irish Sea can be rough, reliability is normally good unless weather is very bad.

Davy Jones

Just noticed the Stena Website is showing fastcraft prices continuing right up and through Christmas, unless I'm reading it wrong.

http://www.stenaline.co.uk/ferry/routes/holyhead-dun-laoghaire/fares-2013/

DublinPeter

Davy, you missed out on note "d":

d) Operates from Dun Laoghaire - 2nd to 5th Jan, 22nd March to 10th September

Explorer finishes up on September 10th and as Giftgrub says, she is back for 12 days over Christmas and New Year 2013/2014. Easter is quite late next year (April 20th) but from what I've heard, she is due back the last weekend in March and may be called in to do some refit cover depending on what happens with Stena Europe in Rosslare.

Pete

Davy Jones

Yeah, I saw that. I just couldn't understand why somebody would spend time working out and posting charges for something that wasn't going to happen.

HSS

Well thats the Stena Explorers summer season over for another year. Looking forward to seeing her next year (9 April – 9 September) after her Christmas run.

Robbie74656

My first ever time on the Explorer this season, loved it.

A nice history btw, has anyone ever seen it? hope I'm not posting old news

http://www.doverferryphotosforums.co.uk/hsc-stena-explorer-past-present/

HSS

Well I have never seen it, thats great, thanks!

timwryan

QuoteWell thats the Stena Explorers summer season over for another year. Looking forward to seeing her next year (9 April – 9 September) after her Christmas run.

Where do you see (9 April – 9 September 2014)? online booking engine doesn't go past 5th Jan 2014??

HSS

QuoteWell thats the Stena Explorers summer season over for another year. Looking forward to seeing her next year (9 April – 9 September) after her Christmas run.

Where do you see (9 April – 9 September 2014)? online booking engine doesn't go past 5th Jan 2014??

Well, that would be telling??

timwryan

Bookable through the route map online!!!

Please note: Our Dun Laoghaire - Holyhead route is a seasonal service and will resume operation for a limited number of sailings over the Christmas and New Year period from 20 December 2013. For 2014 the service will operate daily from 9 April – 9 September. For sailings on alternative dates, please select our Dublin Port - Holyhead route which operates daily.

giftgrub

Dover Ferry Photos have updated their file on the Explorer with more images of its visit to Dover during its delivery voyage posted, some very nice new images.

http://www.doverferryphotosforums.co.uk/hsc-stena-explorer-past-present/

Robbie74656

very nice indeed.

still no news on the HSS Discovery...

smudga31

I did hear "unofficially" the other day that Stena had renewed a contract to run the Explorer from Holyhead to Dun Laoghaire up until christmas 2015 (obviously on a seasonal basis again). This came from a Stena Line CSA in Holyhead.

Robbie74656

Nice, good to hear she'll remain in the game.

HSS

For as long as possible I say!!