Brittany Ferries fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, February 02, 2009, 08:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccs

Few pics of Connemara at Roscoff on Tuesday last 16th April

giftgrub

Nice pictures, someone in BF needs to get a few cans of white paint !

ccs

Quote from: giftgrub on April 21, 2019, 01:06:40 PM

My beffer half would be of the same opinion as the Connemara came into view she said  "That ships looks a bit scruffy"  ;D   

Chef

The thing is,she is not owned by Brittany Ferries .

IFPete

The Brand is important, even epsilon looks well on the outside

giftgrub

Quote from: Chef on April 22, 2019, 10:11:29 AM

Don't think Stena RoRo would object to someone painting and maintaining their vessel,

Chef

The crew are  not Brittany  Ferries employees either ,  so probably the reason for the not so Brittany Ferries standard of hull maintenance .

giftgrub

True, crew provided by Northern Marine as far as I know. Pity they don't have time to care for the ships appearance.

Chef

I am sure it has not escaped someone's eye considering that Brittany Ferries HQ is in Roscoff . The Connemara represents their brand weather or not they own it .

Steven

Quote from: giftgrub on April 22, 2019, 11:02:08 AM
Quote from: Chef on April 22, 2019, 10:11:29 AM

Don't think Stena RoRo would object to someone painting and maintaining their vessel,
Depends on what the charter agreement says.  In any case Brittany Ferries might not be too keen on the idea of spending money they don't have to on a vessel they don't own and may decide to dispose of in a year or two. 

Quote from: Chef on April 23, 2019, 04:05:27 PM
I am sure it has not escaped someone's eye considering that Brittany Ferries HQ is in Roscoff . The Connemara represents their brand weather or not they own it .
In the grand scheme of things I doubt may potential customers even notice!
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

ferryfan

Article from ferry shipping news re FSG and Honfleur:

"All Hands On Deck For HONFLEUR

As part of the process to reorganise the Flensburg-based shipyard, FSG has been in negotiations with customers and suppliers since the beginning of the year. Several measures have been implemented in order to successfully achieve this target.

The ro-pax ferry for Brittany Ferries is in the process of intensive outfitting. For optimal progress of this vessel –HONFLEUR–, it was necessary to postpone the start of the production of newbuilding no. 781, the eighth ro-ro vessel for Siem.

This has led to a partial and temporary underemployment in one part of the production. For this reason, the Company's management and Works Council have agreed to apply to the Labour Employment Agency for short-time work in this area.

The application has already been submitted. The effects on the affected area are being kept to a minimum. The majority of the affected employees will be able to bridge this period either by reducing overtime hours previously worked or will be temporarily employed in other areas of production."

This could lead to knock on delays which could affect the start of construcion of hull 777 .

IFPete

That could also mean build 777 beginning as soon as Honfleur nears completion and 781 following her in construction.

giftgrub

Pont Aven has left Brest ready to return to service, couple of changes to schedule, main one being Portsmouth sailings now depart from Plymouth to shorten the crossing distance as service speed is reduced due to operational reasons of only three engines available.

https://brittanyferriesnewsroom.com/pont-aven-will-resume-service-on-14-may/

Steven

Quote from: IFPete on May 04, 2019, 01:44:27 PM
That could also mean build 777 beginning as soon as Honfleur nears completion and 781 following her in construction.
I wouldn't hold your breath on that.  Reports from Germany indicate work on the second IF newbuild is behind schedule.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

IFPete

It looks like all the focus is on completing Honfleur as soon as they can to avoid penalties.