Brittany Ferries fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, February 02, 2009, 08:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Collision-course

The new Armorique has completed berthing trials at Plymouth and is on its way to Breast for trials via Roscoff.
The Normandie and the Bretagne are both at Gdansk , Poland for refit , the Bretagne of course was the one time Cork - Roscoff ship.

Collision-course

The Armorique is due to enter service tomorow (Feb 10th) from Roscoff at 1500 , and from Plymouth at 2200.

Collision-course

An impressive vessel , although the design is strangely fimilar , its not quite the Armorique as she was known in Cork :o
Here she is leaving the builders yards en route to the U.K.

Kieran

QuoteAn impressive vessel , although the design is strangely fimilar , its not quite the Armorique as she was known in Cork :o
Here she is leaving the builders yards en route to the U.K.

I don't think anything could come close to the graceful lines of the orgional Armourique. The new vessel has a very odd stern that I amn't so sure I like...

Collision-course

This design would'nt be my favorite either , however it bears nore than a passing resembelance to the Isle of Innismore.

Collision-course

By strange coincidence this was recently sold on E-Bay.

Collision-course

The Bretagne undergoing refit at Gdansk

Kieran

Collision-course

I believe she's getting quite a going over during this refit , including a FULL internal refit , I think they call it a midlife extension upgrade or something similar.
Work is being done at Remontowa yards in Gdansk , Poland.

Collision-course

The Cork - Roscoff service will resume on 3rd april and run every saturday until 31st october 2009, the Pont Aven will do the honours again this year.
Below the Pont Aven arriving in Ringaskiddy for the very first time in 2004.

Collision-course

And manouvering into the berth for the first time.

Collision-course

And I had to throw this one in , the brand new Pont Aven passing the Val De Loire in Plymouth.

Collision-course

Brittany Ferries has expressed an interest in aquireing Seafrance , LD lines is also said to be interested although BF are said to be the prefered buyer , BF would also gain a substantial foothold on the Dover - Calias route .
Below the Seafrance Moliere aquired last year , formerly Superfast X

Collision-course

Brittany Ferries are now the sole interesetd party in the takeover bid for SeaFrance , the BF proposals include re-activating the recently decommissioned SeaFrance Cezanne and returning the Dover - Calis service to a four ship operation and a possibility of introduceing new tonnage to the route possibly as early as next year.
Brittany Ferries proposes to take a 75% stake in Seafrance while state owned SNCF would retain a 25% shareholding , however this is conditional on SNCF injecting a 10 million Euro investment in Seafrance.

Collision-course

The Pont Aven has had its operating schedule altered for the 2009 season and will now operate Cork - Roscoff - Porthsmouth - Santander , and Plymouth will no longer be served.
Brittany Ferries says the move will allow them to offer the fastest travel time between the UK and Spain.
Bolow the Pont Aven arrives in Porthsmouth from www.shipspotting.com