Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferriesbetterfastercheape

I hope still that they will come "suddenly" in the next weeks with any chartered full-size comfort-ferry for Pembroke. To operate the complete summer with the poor small old Norbay
would be really outrageous - highest ticket-prices in Europe - for the poorest oldest ferry.

With the Oscar Wilde it was also announced "in last second" before the arrival of the ship in Ireland. So i have still hope... .

Beside the "big comfort" solution Atlantic Vision after 8.june the "small solution" Ben My Chree is free available for a summer-charter also. A very small simply ferry - but with much more seats onboard than the Norbay. Officially max. 630 Pax + 275 cars on 2 truck-decks.

Used Fast car-ferries are a lot available for charter or buy - but i doubt very much that they would operate with 2 ships (= double-costs) in Pembroke. And the Swift will sure stay in Holyhead.

Futureskipper

Irish Ferries Freight launched on LinkedIn the May 2024 Dublin - Cherbourg Timetable with both the WB Yeats and Oscar Wilde

Yes, it is also in the normal Passenger-timetables so.
Oscar Wilde overtake this year the former EPSILON timetable.
So they have further upgraded the Holyhead-route and the Cherbourg-route with this big and much more comfortable ferry from Scandinavia.

But the big question is still what happens on the Pembroke-route ?
Will they continue in summer-season also with very poor and small Norbay-freighter
or will they come "in last minute" suddenly "around the corner" with any other bigger more comfortable used ferry ?

Quote from: Cladyman on April 14, 2024, 06:10:42 PMHas it always been that you get seriously charged for each passenger.  We put 2 adults and 4 kids coming out at @€650+ crazy could be in France for not much more.

Hello Cladyman,
thanks for your post, i have extra waited a few days if any other person from Ireland or UK here will answer you something... . Normally any travel-/traffic-forums should be mainly for such a kind of "normal" travelers as you.

I have started a special topic about the generally much too high ferry-ticket-prices to/from Ireland here under "Discussion Board". You are very welcome to discuss further there - i will also today answer to you there especially.

Because here in this topic it is especially about fleet-details, fleet-changes etc. only from the ferry-company Irish Ferries.