Fastnet Line

Started by Collision-course, January 25, 2010, 06:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derekchoochoo

That's great to see.

Shame Fastnet aren't still around to act as consultants for the rebranding (funnel logo etc) ;)

Collision-course

Great to see the old girl getting some work done on her , I imagine she will be quite a sight coming out of drydock.

Collision-course

These almost brought a tear to my eye , Julia is seriously missed in this part of the world , here she is after emerging from drydock , the old girl is looking very well.
Below from www.faktaomfartyg.se

gerrym

Great to see her looking so fresh, we feared she had reached the end of the line.. what next now for Cork-Swansea?

Kieran

Amazing how good she looks after a decent lick of paint

Collision-course

Julia was by far the most comfortable ship ever to operate between Ireland and the UK , she is sorely missed , it is an amazing vessel , a credit to AG Wesser who built her and Color Line who spared no expense with her maintenance. C-Bed have her looking very well , no doubt she will give them many years of reliable service , just a pity she is not operating a public service as I would love to pay her a visit some time.
As for Cork - Swansea , there has been nothing but silence for many months now , in the absence of any information , and the possibility of a price war breaking out on the Dublin routes when the Isle of Innisfree returns off charter , I suspect 2013 is lost as its late in the day to get going now , if a service from Cork to Swansea ever resumes , as of now I have heard nothing that gives me any confidence that the route will return.

shaun_conroy

Wow what a great paintjob. She looks absolutely gorgeous, I only wish I was travelling on her again. Can someone say what the two tubes are that go down to waterline at her stern?
Disturbing and saddening opinion coming from Collision Course regarding any resumption of the service from Cork. whatever happened about the feasibility study involving WCC?   Shaun
Great pictures by the way, thanks to the taker and the poster.

Collision-course

I noticed those tubes also , no idea what they are but they restrict access to the starboard stern ramp , the area above the door where they enter the hull inside the ship is (or was ) the deck 5 garage (about 30 car spaces) so large machinery could have been fitted there.
She seems to have had some internal reconfiguration also , I can see dividing walls inside the deck 7 aft lounge windows , this area was not divided during her time with Fastnet Line , I like what they did with the funnel though.

derekchoochoo

Those photos are almost tear jerking (thank you to the poster).

What could have been?

Truly a lovely comfortable ship with superb sea qualities.

So what did happen with the WCC Feasibilty Study? Did it happen or did it get gently slid under the carpet?

At least we know we can go ahead and book via Rosslare safely for 2013, whilst fares on that route once again seem quite competitive.

All very sad though.

port_tennant_lad

Well its almost the end of september. Anyone know whats happened to this feasibility study that was due to be completed by the end of sept.

giftgrub

The former Julia, now repainted and renamed as the Wind Perfection is now anchored in the Kattegat at a wind farm construction site, not too far from the port of Grenaa in Denmark.

Latest images from Marinetraffic.com and you can see the Wind Perfection's location on marinetraffic.com

Kieran

She really does look good with a decent paint job.....

shaun_conroy

Have to agree, what a beauty now. Shows what can be achieved with investment. Which leads on to the question of what has happened to the viability study of the Swansea -Cork route?

giftgrub

Here is the Wind Perfections location.

2of3

I registered just to comment on this thread  :)

I am an Employee of Color Line and this ship was my second home for 11 years! She looks great now and I'm glad she didn't get junked  8-)

I'll always remember Christian IV with fondness and I was sad to see her leave our fleet.  :'(