Fastnet Line

Started by Collision-course, January 25, 2010, 06:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

facet58

Quotei wonder would celtic link ever consider this as a business venture
Well funny you should say that Larry, but while all this went on with Fastnet i did discuss with a few people could Celtic Link step in. I wonder with the new ship if they have the cash or interest

larry

i dont think they could have done anything to save fastnet line itself but maybe now that its gone they may consider something although i imagine there is a bit of stigma toward the whole project now, id love to see them get in there though

smurf

She is still off Skagen , she is after drifting  2km to the east  ( aprox ) . Ill say one thing as some one who passed the Julia  3 to 4 a day while she was moored on Horgan quay the place looks really empty with out her , all that remains of her is the access bridge .  :'(

OLAU-fan_Robert

Some recent pictures of OLAU Britannia-1/Julia/Wind Perfection on a Danish internetsite, near Skagen:  http://www.shipsforum.dk/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=7035&highlight=wind+perfection

smurf

QuoteSome recent pictures of OLAU Britannia-1/Julia/Wind Perfection on a Danish internetsite, near Skagen:  http://www.shipsforum.dk/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=7035&highlight=wind+perfection
Lovely pictures ! Thanks . Where were they taken do you know ?

OLAU-fan_Robert

I don't know. The Danish language is for me to foreign. I must be in this area where she sailed along the coast at some 3 km's... :-[

Collision-course

Of course Julia is no stranger to those waters , she operated from nearby Hirtshals for Color Line as Christian IV for many years.

OLAU-fan_Robert

She left her temporary anchor location at Skagen and is now heading for Odense. ETA 07th May 2012, 07:00 hrs UTC.

derekchoochoo

Finally arrived alongside at Lindoe (near Odense) just after 0800 this morning....so I guess that it the end of the story?

Collision-course

From www.shipspotting.com Wind Perfection at Odense.

larry

holy crap she looks completely haggard

derekchoochoo

Omg, that trip took it out of her...she didn't look that bad at Horgans Quay...did she?

Interesting to note that Stena are advertising heavily in Cork at present & referring to the route as "Rosslare to South Wales" (Fishguard does not get a mention), presumably to 'blur' the difference between Fishguard & Swansea to Cork punters.

Personally I consider Fishguard to be West Wales?

loch garman

its the south-west of wales :)

larry

delighted to see this as it kinda confirms its not being scrapped