what is the big picture

Started by stenaplus, March 27, 2021, 09:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stenaplus

one ship clearly wont work on dover calais
p and o have suitable ships for sale  but if they are to continue one wouldnt think they would sell to a competitor
on irish sea they clearly need a n ireland service
dover has no space for unnaccompagnied trailers
calais on other hand has some space  could we be seeing a daily service from dublin to calais with some link to dover calais?
are dfds about to be challenged
could irish ferries want to purchase some or all of p and o routes?
could there be some form of strategic alliance between p and o and irish ferries?
could irish ferries first shipping company to provide full customs services as part of standard shipping booking?
will they keep epsilon  is it up for renewal this year?

Kieran

Quote from: stenaplus on March 27, 2021, 09:09:58 PM
one ship clearly wont work on dover calais
Isn't additional tonnage is due to join her later in the year?

Quote from: stenaplus on March 27, 2021, 09:09:58 PM
could irish ferries first shipping company to provide full customs services as part of standard shipping booking?
My reading of the press releases is that is what they have in mind alright.

Shiplover62

In France, the director of the port of Calais announced 3 ships. One in June, one before the end of the year and one in 2022

Lurker

Who is saying IF is planning on extra capacity on Dover Calais after Inishmore? I can see why IF will want to support the landbridge, and thus continue the existing viability of the Irish Sea routes, by entering the market sur La Manche. However one ferry traversing la manche between D and C seems sufficient to cover IF?s Irish traffic using the land bridge. Extra ferries seem unnecessary contributions to a crowded field

Kieran

Quote from: Lurker on April 09, 2021, 01:15:05 AM
Who is saying IF is planning on extra capacity on Dover Calais after Inishmore?

Irish Ferries have said in the announcement "Additional capacity will be added in the coming months."

Niall

It is rumoured that Blue Star 2 will be joining the Irish Ferries fleet in the not too distant future.

Dublinport

Quote from: Niall on April 09, 2021, 09:37:56 PM
It is rumoured that Blue Star 2 will be joining the Irish Ferries fleet in the not too distant future.

Ooooooooh, where did you see that!?

Niall

Quote from: Dublinport on April 09, 2021, 11:16:32 PM
Quote from: Niall on April 09, 2021, 09:37:56 PM

Ooooooooh, where did you see that!?

A friend told me the other day

Chris2016

Irish ferries are looking at 3 more ships I was told . 1 ship for extra capacity for Dublin to Cherbourg,  and 2 more ships for Dover to Calais  .

12345teacher

https://youtu.be/Uwn-ORIsdq4      short video from irish ferries of blue star 1.....