Suez Canal Blocked

Started by marsav68, March 24, 2021, 08:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsav68

Kieran

How do you refloat a ship somewhere like that? The article talks about tides, but, it's a canal (and doesn't look like they can raise the water level a lot). I assume the only option is to lighten her (take-off boxes)?

In other new, I personally feel a lot better about the first time I failed my driving test for not doing a good job of the 3 point turn. Least I didn't hold up world trade like.

marsav68

Quote from: admin on March 24, 2021, 10:53:35 AM
How do you refloat a ship somewhere like that? The article talks about tides, but, it's a canal (and doesn't look like they can raise the water level a lot). I assume the only option is to lighten her (take-off boxes)?

In other new, I personally feel a lot better about the first time I failed my driving test for not doing a good job of the 3 point turn. Least I didn't hold up world trade like.

She is dug right into the bank. I'd say it will take a while to get moving again.

Seems to be mixed reports what actually happened. Some say the wind, others say engine failure.

Kieran

Smit Salvage have been called in today.

ccs

Kieran

Looks like they managed to move her stern, sounds like they might get her fully back into the canal later today.

marsav68