Irish Ferries Enthusiasts | Forum

X

Trouble logging in? Click here

Site maintenance(Read 1095 times)
Site maintenance on: June 22, 2020, 04:20:59 pm
Hi all,

I'm currently in the process to making some fairly major changes to the back end of the site. As a result, the site may go offline for short periods of time the next few days. My apologies in advance for this, however in theory, everything should run faster after this, address errors when posting on the forum, and the site can grow.

Re: Site maintenance Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 03:59:27 pm
Hi all,

I have moved the site to a new server, which I control as opposed to share with other websites as previously. This should make the site run faster (and get rid of time outs when posting new threads).

If you notice acting strangely, please let me know. I have tested as much as I can. There may be errors for the next few hours the DNS (the site records) update, if you spot any, either reply below, pm me or email [email protected] and I'll have a look.

Re: Site maintenance Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 02:38:54 pm
Hi all,

Just a quick update on this - I have rolled the form back to an older version of SMF due to an error.

It shouldn't change anything you see, but if anyone sees anything odd, let me know.

Re: Site maintenance Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 12:49:59 pm
Hi all,

Just a quick update on this - I have rolled the form back to an older version of SMF due to an error.

It shouldn't change anything you see, but if anyone sees anything odd, let me know.
H
Kieran the log in link (inblue) top right of page not working.

Re: Site maintenance Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 04:27:34 pm
H
Kieran the log in link (inblue) top right of page not working.

I just noticed that - leave it with me.

Re: Site maintenance Reply #5 on: July 04, 2020, 08:51:51 pm
Quick update - I tired updating the forum software, but the plugin I use to display the mods isn't compatible.

As a workaround, I'm going to put a login link in the News section, until I have time to do a bit more work on this.

Re: Site maintenance Reply #6 on: July 11, 2020, 04:47:31 pm
Further update, I plan to do some more maintenance on the site late next week to address this. Forums will be offline Thursday or Friday afternoon for a bit as a result.