"ULYSSES"

Started by Soenke, March 29, 2020, 06:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soenke

Good evening,

First of all, thank you for letting me join this forum.

I am try to investigate two minor changes in respect to the colors of "ULYSSES" and I hope that here is someone around who can help me on this topic.

1. The outer ramps to the upper cardeck: Does anyone know, when the paint has been change from green to grey?

2. The container crane: Similar question here, does anyone knwo when the crane has been painted black the first time instead of white?

I am asking these special questions as a friend of mine is presently building a scale model of this impressive vessel, and therefore it is important to know whether it would be historicly correct to combine a black container crane together with grey ramps.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards from Germany
Soenke

Niall

Ulysses returned with no major external changes. AFAIK she doesn't have a crane

Futureskipper

There is some sort of crane on the Ulysses, I have seen it in operation in Dublin, it's located on deck 11 I think. Does anyone have any recent photos of her or know of any changes to the interior

anglesey_boy

The crane is aft of the Drivers Lounge/Club Class, loads into the stores on deck 10 below.

Soenke

Quote from: anglesey_boy on March 30, 2020, 07:39:03 PM
The crane is aft of the Drivers Lounge/Club Class, loads into the stores on deck 10 below.

That is exactly the container crane I mean.

Any idea when the crane changed color from white to black?

Best regards
Soenke

Niall

That could have happened at one of her past drydockings