Hebridean Princess to visit Co Cork.

Started by derekchoochoo, August 02, 2012, 03:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derekchoochoo

Some of you may be interested to know, if you don't already, that the small up market cruise ship "Hebridian Princess" is visiting Co Cork shortly. She is at present at Dublin, having sailed overnight on Tuesday night from the Western Isles of Scotland.

She is the 1964 ex MacBraynes (then later Cal Mac) Oban based ferry "Columba", so quite an interesting old stager.

Her itinery appears to be:

Sunday 5/8 - Bantry
Monday 6/8 - at sea (Slee Head)
Tuesday 7/8 - Schull
Wednesday 8/8 - Kinsale
Thursday 9/8 - Cork (passenger swopover day)
Friday 10/8 - Schull
Saturday 11/8 - Bantry
Sunday 12/8 - Glengarriff
Monday 13/8 - Castletownbere
Tuesday 14/8 - at sea (Slee Head)
Wednesday 15/8 - Kinsale
Thursday 16/8 - Cork (passenger swopover day)
Friday 17/8 - Kinsale
(she presumably then returns to Dublin & the Western Isles)

I guess that is all liable to change due to sea conditions though, especially for her boat landings.

I am wondering what berth she will use at Cork for her passenger interchanges? Or is she infact using Ringaskiddy? Anyone know please?

giftgrub

Currently in Cork City Centre on the quays

derekchoochoo

giftgrub

Double D'oh, that's what I meant to say, Obviously Dublin, in that shot, however it will be on the quays in Cork later this month.

HEBRIDEAN PRINCESS      50      Aug 8th at 11:00      Cobh Cruise Terminal      Aug 9th at 20:00

HEBRIDEAN PRINCESS      50      Aug 15th at 15:00      North Custom House Quay      Aug 17th at 06:30

http://www.portofcork.ie/index.cfm/page/cruiseschedule2010

derekchoochoo

Thanks for that, especially where it varies from their brochure itinery.

Which one is North Custom House Quay?

giftgrub

Not sure, but is Custom House Quay the one with the Marina next to the Clarion Hotel ? would have thought a nicer (more picturesque) berth would be around the corner (opposite side) where they normally put the Royal Navy vessels when they call.

derekchoochoo

Yes cos she carries mostly wealthy Americans paying upwards of £3,500 sterling for a week...need a fairly decent looking berth therefore!!!!

derekchoochoo

Collision-course

North Custom House Quay is where Julia was first laid up in november 2011.

derekchoochoo

Thanks for that.

Heb Princess passing Dungarvan at present on overnight passage to Schull.

derekchoochoo

Just passed across the Julia's old route, off Cork Harbour.

ccs

Couple of pics from this morning of the Hebridean Princess at the North Customs House quay in Cork. She's due to sail at 3pm today.

derekchoochoo

Thanks for those. Smart looking ship. I sailed on her to Staffa & Iona sometime in the 70s as Columba. She's just off Rosslare now, on her way back to Dublin.

derekchoochoo

Left Ireland now....overnight at Peel (IOM).