I'm Back

Started by larry, October 11, 2019, 01:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larry

Delighted to get back on here, for a very long time my login details didn't seem to work, then I gave up trying and sure enough today I was able to get back on! Win!

As some of you guys know I design lots of kits of ferries both from the Irish Sea and further afield from old to new, a friend has asked me to put together a kit of the Slieve Donard, I said absolutely I can and it will look great alongside the Essex, Cambridge, Norfolk and Suffolk ferry collection, there are a number of pictures online of her but I'm wondering where would be the best place to seek out higher res pics of her or perhaps even some GA Plans
Many thanks
Larry

alfie79

hi larry
love your models the only GA plans i have are of the Oscar wilde in her color line days

larry

Hi mate, it sounds like I'll have to do a model of the Oscar Wilde, mind you I have been planning to for some time it's hard getting through the backlog

giftgrub

Quote from: larry on October 11, 2019, 01:50:51 PM
Delighted to get back on here, for a very long time my login details didn't seem to work, then I gave up trying and sure enough today I was able to get back on! Win!

As some of you guys know I design lots of kits of ferries both from the Irish Sea and further afield from old to new, a friend has asked me to put together a kit of the Slieve Donard, I said absolutely I can and it will look great alongside the Essex, Cambridge, Norfolk and Suffolk ferry collection, there are a number of pictures online of her but I'm wondering where would be the best place to seek out higher res pics of her or perhaps even some GA Plans
Many thanks
Larry

Welcome back

larry

Kieran

Oh dear, that shouldn't have happened!

Glad to have ya back buddy!

larry

Delighted to be back on, I've had a busy year, trying to break into the card craft model kit scene, it's going pretty well so far

Steven

Many thanks
Larry
I assume you mean the one launched in the 20's and not the paddle steamer?  Best bet would probably be somewhere like the National Railway Museum in York (I think there is a way to enquire on their website) or Cammell Laird themselves, though they aren't the same company as before (but might have the archives if they haven't been donated elsewhere).  If you are in the Liverpool area I know the maritime museum opens up their archives to the public a couple of times a week which might be worth a try given she was built locally there.

Quote from: alfie79 on October 11, 2019, 08:22:01 PM
hi larry
love your models the only GA plans i have are of the Oscar wilde in her color line days
I imagine those would be a still a huge help.  She didn't change that much.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

Steven

Just realised you are probably talking about the later one built at Troon 🙄.  Someone at the CRSC might have something, else the museums might be your best bet.  Might also be worth trying these guys
http://www.clydeships.co.uk/view.php?ref=399
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

larry

That's the very one, thank you mate