Seatruck Ferries model

Started by Kieran, August 23, 2019, 10:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seatrucker

Hello All,

I've been a member on here a while and enjoy reading the discussions. What I've noticed is that there's very little discussion of Seatruck Ferries.

Though predominantly a freight service and not carrying foot passengers, they do offer a limited availability for Car / Motorhome drivers at very reasonable prices. I've travelled with them a few times and cannot speak highly enough of them.

As an enthusiast its a great experience travelling by Seatruck. They have friendly laid back crews who don't mind you 'mooching' around the ferry taking photos etc. On a crossing in 2017 I even got a guided tour of the Bridge and Engine room (one email to Heysham head office a week before and they arranged it for me!!). Give them a go!

Anyway after a recent voyage on Seatruck Progress I was so inspired a spent 6 months building a Model of her. Thought you'd like to see it (attached).

Hope you like it

Seatrucker (Peter)

DaveW1946

Besides Liverpool-Dublin what other routes do Seatruck serves?

seatrucker

Also Heysham - Warrenpoint and Heysham - Dublin.

see:   https://www.seatruckferries.com/

alfie79

Quote from: seatrucker on August 23, 2019, 10:26:25 PM
Hello All,

I've been a member on here a while and enjoy reading the discussions. What I've noticed is that there's very little discussion of Seatruck Ferries.

Though predominantly a freight service and not carrying foot passengers, they do offer a limited availability for Car / Motorhome drivers at very reasonable prices. I've travelled with them a few times and cannot speak highly enough of them.

As an enthusiast its a great experience travelling by Seatruck. They have friendly laid back crews who don't mind you 'mooching' around the ferry taking photos etc. On a crossing in 2017 I even got a guided tour of the Bridge and Engine room (one email to Heysham head office a week before and they arranged it for me!!). Give them a go!

Anyway after a recent voyage on Seatruck Progress I was so inspired a spent 6 months building a Model of her. Thought you'd like to see it (attached).

Hope you like it

Seatrucker (Peter)

I was very impressed with your model well done,i hope that isnt your last model to make

seatrucker

I was very impressed with your model well done,i hope that isnt your last model to make
[/quote]

Thanks Alfie.
No not atall.. Looking for inspiration for my next one.. Maybe WB Yeats, we'll see!!

alfie79

Quote from: seatrucker on August 24, 2019, 11:24:38 AM

Thanks Alfie.
No not atall.. Looking for inspiration for my next one.. Maybe WB Yeats, we'll see!!
[/quote]

yes or maybe the Oscar Wilde