IF Swift disappeared from Booking Platform

Started by Fast Ferry Fan, August 06, 2019, 11:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fast Ferry Fan

Anyone know why the Ulysses (8am / 2pm) and Swift (all sailings) have disappeared from the IF Booking platform this Saturday (10th August)?

Seems to be in both directions.

Wilty

Maybe all sailings are full and they have closed bookings.

Fast Ferry Fan

Hopefully it's that, as I already have a booking.

Thought it kept the sailing there but just said it was full.

jimjoe

Think the forecast for Friday night/Sat morning  is choppy enough

Fast Ferry Fan

Was on the swift this morning to Holyhead - first time aboard the new one. First impressions were good, nicer interior than old one. However. disappointed when we were told that it was operating on reduced power. Finally disembarked at 10.30.  Apparently a problem with one of the engines. Going to be a long shift for the staff.

IFPete

The engines keep giving problems.  I guess she will be taken out of service when the required part arrives.

Fast Ferry Fan

Looks like that's it for the year from the Swift. Next few days have been cancelled and she's no longer on the booking platform.  Hopefully her technical problems can be sorted out - it's not looking like it was a great investment right now.

Steven

Quote from: Fast Ferry Fan on August 06, 2019, 11:30:13 PM
Anyone know why the Ulysses (8am / 2pm) and Swift (all sailings) have disappeared from the IF Booking platform this Saturday (10th August)?

Seems to be in both directions.
Ulysses was possibly full

Quote from: Fast Ferry Fan on August 31, 2019, 06:18:34 PM
Looks like that's it for the year from the Swift. Next few days have been cancelled and she's no longer on the booking platform.  Hopefully her technical problems can be sorted out - it's not looking like it was a great investment right now.
She also appears to have been totally removed from the website!

She's currently tied up at the former HSS maintenance berth in Holyhead inner harbour having been assisted onto it by 2 tugs yesterday.  She crossed at 22kts.  I believe that's her for this year and all bookings are being transferred to the conventional vessels.  She's very "sick".
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

ferryfan

Irish Ferries have confirmed that the Swift has been cancelled for the remainder of her Summer season and is not expected to return until Spring 2020 dates not yet confirmed but the 2020 schedule is expected to be confirmed in about 4 weeks time.

NathanBrady

Alan G

Steven

Looking at some fb and twitter comments it appears Irish Ferries May have forgotten to tell some people booked on Dublin Swift that the service ended early!  Oops!!

IFPete

They send you a text message if your sailing is in doubt or cancelled,

Perhaps the people concerned dont have a mobile phone.

Steven

Quote from: IFPete on September 25, 2019, 08:15:01 AM
They send you a text message if your sailing is in doubt or cancelled,

Perhaps the people concerned dont have a mobile phone.
I'd say its more likely given these people were posting to Facebook and Twitter that there has been some sort of issue with the automated messaging system!  A single text message when the company know that far out would seem a bit odd given we know Irish Ferries can send an email to everyone booked on a certain vessel for example.  They proved that with the W.B. YEATS cancellations!  Good customer service would be to even telephone the people concerned rather than relying on them to read a text message (my mum wouldn't have a clue despite having a mobile phone) from an unknown number!