Irish Ferries HUll 777

Started by ferryfan, July 05, 2019, 11:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IFPete

Epsilon could be a great candidate for lengthening and accomodation extension in the future.

Steven

Quote from: IFPete on September 28, 2019, 11:46:21 AM
Epsilon could be a great candidate for lengthening and accomodation extension in the future.
Only way ICG could do that would be to purchase her surely?  That's assuming C&T even want to sell given how recently they purchased her.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

IFPete

Thats quit possible.

epsilon would have more freight space and ability to extend her passenger accomodation.

A83

Is it wise for IF to pause the purchase of Hull 777 in light of the Brexit tribulations? All the talk of setting up Rosslare to Le Havre and Cork-Spain suggests that serious measures will be taken to increase direct services. However there is only a finite amount of traffic to go round. Might Dublin- Holyhead be oversupplied with new capacity in 2021?

Steven

Quote from: A83 on October 08, 2019, 08:14:33 AM
Is it wise for IF to pause the purchase of Hull 777 in light of the Brexit tribulations? All the talk of setting up Rosslare to Le Havre and Cork-Spain suggests that serious measures will be taken to increase direct services. However there is only a finite amount of traffic to go round. Might Dublin- Holyhead be oversupplied with new capacity in 2021?
Talk of setting up new routes is all very well, actually starting one is a very different proposition!  You'd need a lot of ships just to mirror the capacity on any Ireland to the Continent route  provided by one ship sailing on Dublin - Holyhead. 

Chef

Looks like there should be a launch this week at FSG of the Ro/Ro in the building hall , so I would expect to see some announcement soon about the next IF build if FSG are still in contention .

IFPete

There is still nothing out in the Media about the status of Build 777 or its two Australian cousins.

The design must be almost complete for Build 777 for construction to commence.

I understand that most of the delays attributed to both Honfluer and WB Yeats were due to electrical installation work required as part of the new return to port protocall. WB Yeats has two separate engine rooms, two Bridge decks and two separate PA systems with wiring routed through the ship in different locations.

I took a trip on her on sunday and was very impressed. I know people say she is souless compared to Oscar Wilde, however she looks like she has progressed well and a few pictures and mood lighting adjustments could give her some soul.

Steven

Quote from: IFPete on October 22, 2019, 04:35:25 PM
There is still nothing out in the Media about the status of Build 777 or its two Australian cousins.

The design must be almost complete for Build 777 for construction to commence.

I understand that most of the delays attributed to both Honfluer and WB Yeats were due to electrical installation work required as part of the new return to port protocall. WB Yeats has two separate engine rooms, two Bridge decks and two separate PA systems with wiring routed through the ship in different locations.
German media has already reported that three ferries for two operators will be completed.  There will be an increase in the number of workers sent home, however, raising from 20 to 100!

All standard SRtP stuff.  I believe the SRtP bridge is located in the base of the main mast (like SPIRIT OF BRITAIN/France).  It only has the essentials.

Quote from: Chef on October 21, 2019, 11:59:44 PM
Looks like there should be a launch this week at FSG of the Ro/Ro in the building hall , so I would expect to see some announcement soon about the next IF build if FSG are still in contention .
End of the month I believe.  A heavy lift crane barge is already on its way.

marsav68

#781 looks ready to launch today and Leevsten has finally moved off the quay.

IFPete

They needed the space for Build 781

Niall

LIEKUT now occupying outfitting berth where LEEVSTEN was. Latter is anchored in Gerlting Bay awaiting orders

IFPete

Kieran

Quote from: IFPete on October 29, 2019, 05:46:49 PM
She has no work,
Well, that's an interesting investment decision someone mad...

Steven

Quote from: Kieran on October 29, 2019, 10:04:14 PM
Quote from: IFPete on October 29, 2019, 05:46:49 PM
She has no work,
Well, that's an interesting investment decision someone mad...
More or less a decision to give the yard work to keep it going by the for,er majority shareholder.  Word was she was going to Moby/Tirrenia originally and her funnel is already in the appropriate shade of blue.  However, things aren't good at Moby and bankruptcy is still a very real possibility (they've already warded off one attempted proceeding earlier this month).  The banks are now dictating what the company does and have effectively halted the sale of the two ships for Newcastle to DFDS, leading to DFDS terminating the agreement.  of course this has stopped a significant amount of cash coming in, but it would have also saw the company losing two of its most valuable assets.  There's also the not insignificant matter of the €180m they owe for Tirrenia, payment of which has been deferred a few times. 

Anyway, back to FSG 777.  Shippax say they "understand" steel cutting is on hold (reported on NI Ferry Site as well).  Getting HONFLEUR delivered is the priority, though Brittany Ferries are clearly not taking chances as she's not on their timetable next year.  Which begs the question, when will we see 777?  ICG are due a market update next month so we'll see if there's anything mentioned then.

Chef

I notice from the web cam in the building hall that the far end of the dock at the caisson has been flooded , this is usually  done to remove the caisson to  allow access for a barge in under the gantry  crane to lift in prefabricated sections from Poland , maybe a sign of something to come .