WB Yeats Interior Pics

Started by ccs, April 20, 2019, 09:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccs

Quote from: Shipmate on April 25, 2019, 10:30:54 AM
How would you compare the food quality in the  Lady Gregory restaurant on the WBY to the Pont Aven? For me always found the OW miles and miles behind the Pont Aven in terms of food quality in the fancier on board restaurants. Thanks.

Most years we use PA for the return leg from France leaving at 8.30 and that means that we've usually eaten dinner before boarding. IIRC the last time i ate in the Pont Aven waiter service restaurant was about 8/9 years ago. As far as I remember it was very good but hard to do a fair comparison to the WBY after that amount of time.

Quote from: ferryfan on April 25, 2019, 11:14:39 AM
Standard cabins on the WB are the same size as those on the Oscar, the cabins on the OW were worn out faded, dated and they had no tv. The price of dinner in the Lady Gregory is exactly the same as it was on the OW last year, 3 course dinner for €39.95 which is quite good value for a waiter service restaurant. Some comments comparing the 2 ships must have come from people who havn't been on either.

OW cabins from 3 star up had tvs.  Agree that €39.95 is a good value but as I've already said I doubt I'd be happy paying €49.95 if it does increase to that in the high season.

Shipmate

Most years we use PA for the return leg from France leaving at 8.30 and that means that we've usually eaten dinner before boarding. IIRC the last time i ate in the Pont Aven waiter service restaurant was about 8/9 years ago. As far as I remember it was very good but hard to do a fair comparison to the WBY after that amount of time.

Thanks, we usually did the opposite, out on PA and home on OW.

Steven

Couple of hundred internal pics here for those interested (no cabins apart from the publicity images of the suites though)

https://www.niferry.co.uk/a-look-inside-irish-ferries-w-b-yeats/

As for the cabins, the basic ones are apparently small by modern standards.  The TV placement is interesting - behind the beds.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline