WB Yeats Interior Pics

Started by ccs, April 20, 2019, 09:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccs

Traveled on WB Yeats last week. I've added 50+ shots to https://flic.kr/s/aHskTUKxJs 

Here's a few

Shipmate

Thanks, very interesting. Cabin shown looks a bit of a downgrade on layout and size to the Oscar Wilde. How did you find it?

ccs

Quote from: Shipmate on April 20, 2019, 09:59:05 PM
Thanks, very interesting. Cabin shown looks a bit of a downgrade on layout and size to the Oscar Wilde. How did you find it?

The 5 star cabins on OW are bigger than similar cabins on WBY. But the way the WBY cabins are laid out (and features like having tvs on either side of the divider at the end of the bed ) it doesn't make any difference in reality. We were happy with the size and quality of the cabin.
Here's a few more cabin pics from other angles

giftgrub

Cabins look really nice, great TV integration. The swirling floor covering are still strange, do they look as bad in reality ?

Shipmate

The 5 star cabins on OW are bigger than similar cabins on WBY. But the way the WBY cabins are laid out (and features like having tvs on either side of the divider at the end of the bed ) it doesn't make any difference in reality. We were happy with the size and quality of the cabin.
Here's a few more cabin pics from other angles

Cheers, thanks for pictures. Will miss curtain which divided sitting/sleeping area on OW, very handy when kids sleep time comes around.

ccs

Quote from: giftgrub on April 22, 2019, 09:26:41 PM
Cabins look really nice, great TV integration. The swirling floor covering are still strange, do they look as bad in reality ?

Not really. They look fine in reality. On the ship in general it has a very modern look about it with lots of subdued colours. The one thing that stood out for me was the lack of outdoor deck space. The only open area is up on deck 11 near the funnel. It's gonna get pretty crowed up there on a warm summers day especially with the lack of seating . 

alfie79

she is not a cruise ferry in any sense just another RO PAX on an overnight crossing

its a shame irish ferries could do with doing a few crossings with silja line or viking line or color line there are real cruise ferries

the OW is the last of the cruise ferries around here maybe the pont aven is one ive never being on her

ccs

Quote from: alfie79 on April 23, 2019, 11:26:28 AM
she is not a cruise ferry in any sense just another RO PAX on an overnight crossing

its a shame irish ferries could do with doing a few crossings with silja line or viking line or color line there are real cruise ferries

the OW is the last of the cruise ferries around here maybe the pont aven is one ive never being on her

By any standard the Pont Aven definitely qualifies as a cruise ferry.

alfie79

Quote from: ccs on April 23, 2019, 07:13:54 PM
Quote from: alfie79 on April 23, 2019, 11:26:28 AM

By any standard the Pont Aven definitely qualifies as a cruise ferry.

yea she looks like one anyway
think IF are treating IRE-FRANCE as same as if its just short sea crossing

SEA

I am sure everyone will know this, W.B. Yeats has being voted Best ferry of the year 2019  source https://www.niferry.co.uk . Maybe we are being over critical and picky . I have being on board her many times and I have to say she is a very  nice clean modern ship .it may take a bit of getting used to .
The ship is way ahead of her predecessor and there is no comparison to the Jaded Oscar wilde, Lets face it the Oscar is very old and TVs showers etc were broken in a lot of cabins . Ulysses for me was the  ship in her day when she was new and in my books way nicer. I still think her lines are far nicer than the yeats .There is nothing wrong with the W.B. and I look forward to travelling on her at some stage . 

hhvferry

Quote from: SEA on April 24, 2019, 04:55:45 PM
I am sure everyone will know this, W.B. Yeats has being voted Best ferry of the year 2019  source https://www.niferry.co.uk . Maybe we are being over critical and picky . I have being on board her many times and I have to say she is a very  nice clean modern ship .it may take a bit of getting used to .
The ship is way ahead of her predecessor and there is no comparison to the Jaded Oscar wilde, Lets face it the Oscar is very old and TVs showers etc were broken in a lot of cabins . Ulysses for me was the  ship in her day when she was new and in my books way nicer. I still think her lines are far nicer than the yeats .There is nothing wrong with the W.B. and I look forward to travelling on her at some stage .
Whilst I quite like the Yeats can I be super snarky and wonder aloud a) if the people making the awards have travelled on the Yeats (I know for a fact at least one of the awarding companies haven't) or b) how many of the other significant new builds delivered in the past year they've been on to compare her against (Kitakami, Sunflower Satsuma?).

DaveW1946

The pictures seem to show the top notch cabins when most travellers will use the more lowly accommodation, which some have described as a bit tight. Reference the award; this must have something to do with the ferry making most profit. W B Yeats is certainly the most expensive on a french route and food ain't cheap either. According to Facebook dinner in the Lady Gregory restaurant is €69 and breakfast €20. Bring back Oscar Wilde.

ccs

Quote from: DaveW1946 on April 25, 2019, 06:12:33 AM
The pictures seem to show the top notch cabins when most travellers will use the more lowly accommodation, which some have described as a bit tight. Reference the award; this must have something to do with the ferry making most profit. W B Yeats is certainly the most expensive on a french route and food ain't cheap either. According to Facebook dinner in the Lady Gregory restaurant is €69 and breakfast €20. Bring back Oscar Wilde.

Re lower grade standard cabins I had a look at a few of these whilst I was on board and I'd say that they are similar in size to those of the same grade found on the Pont Aven.  Similar grade cabins on Oscar Wilde are bigger than those on WYY and Pont Aven.
As for the Lady Gregory restaurant we had a very good 4 course fixed price meal there for €39.95. The quality was excellent and we thought it good value. Interestingly when I was paying it came up as €49.95 each on the til. The cashier told me that €49.95 was going to be the regular price and that €39.95 was a promotional price for the first few months of sailings. As I said we felt the food and service was good value for €39.95 but I dont think we'd pay a tenner a head more for it!   

Shipmate

How would you compare the food quality in the  Lady Gregory restaurant on the WBY to the Pont Aven? For me always found the OW miles and miles behind the Pont Aven in terms of food quality in the fancier on board restaurants.
Thanks.

ferryfan

Standard cabins on the WB are the same size as those on the Oscar, the cabins on the OW were worn out faded, dated and they had no tv. The price of dinner in the Lady Gregory is exactly the same as it was on the OW last year, 3 course dinner for €39.95 which is quite good value for a waiter service restaurant. Some comments comparing the 2 ships must have come from people who havn't been on either.