Oscar Wilde sale agreed

Started by jgf, April 11, 2019, 08:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferryfan

Good price for a 20 year old vessel which although in good shape is in need of a lot of modernisation. Time for Rosslare to up their game and attract another operator to provide services to Roscoff. On another note not only is ther no entertainment on the WB to keep the kids entertained but it seems to have disappeared off all Irish Sea services, there was seasonal kids entertainment on the old Swift and on all Stena Irish Sea services? I bet the bar takings on the WB are way down compared to the OW.

alfie79

Great ship good layout a throwback to the old ferries of the 80s reminded me a bit of the St Killian, she will be missed
not as much character on the new ferries.

Cillian

I twill be interesting to see where she ends up. As far as I know MSC does not operate any ferries, They operate Cruise ships and Container ships.

SEA

Looked Promising at one stage she was staying, In my opinion she is a much nicer looking vessel than her successor . According to the below article Irish Ferrise paid 45 millon for back in September 2007
https://www.independent.ie/regionals/newrossstandard/news/oscar-wilde-joins-irish-ferries-fleet-27470548.html

bissiere

oscar wilde goes to grandi navi veloci subsidiary of msc

bissiere

She will join the old P & O  le Havre

A83

How will IF manage refit relief without Oscar?

jimjoe

Quote from: A83 on April 13, 2019, 11:27:44 AM
How will IF manage refit relief without Oscar?

I'd imagine the same way as they did in 2017 and 2018 (and prior years) when they didn't have the WBY?

DaveW1946

A83 is right. In 2018, in the absence of WBY they shoved people down to Rosslare and on the Oscar. We should know as we always used Oscar and talked to displaced families aboard about their disappointment of not being on WBY.
If WBY has a problem IF have few options.

giftgrub

Has left drydock in H&W, now alongside ship repair key beside drydock.

No IF branding removed yet.

IFPete

Is she coming back to Rosslare - Rosscoff for Summer 2020.

RorieLen

No, as above, she has been sold and will operate for GNV in the Mediterranean.

IFPete

There are still rumours of a rosslare service for 2020,

As she is still on IF books until the last installment you never know what could happen,

RorieLen

Quote from: IFPete on April 19, 2019, 10:07:30 PM
There are still rumours of a rosslare service for 2020,

As she is still on IF books until the last installment you never know what could happen,

Hard to see how as she will be in Italy. I believe they are to hand her over to the Italians in the next few days.