Oscar Wilde sale agreed

Started by jgf, April 11, 2019, 08:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IFPete

it would make sense for one of these italian vessels to be used on summer service to Rosscoff,

hhvferry

Quote from: IFPete on April 20, 2019, 11:29:16 AM
it would make sense for one of these italian vessels to be used on summer service to Rosscoff,
What Italian vessels? What summer service to Roscoff?

Steven

Quote from: IFPete on April 19, 2019, 10:07:30 PM
There are still rumours of a rosslare service for 2020,

As she is still on IF books until the last installment you never know what could happen,
She has been sold and the profit will go into this years financial results (as per the regulatory announcement).  The "hire purchase" arrangement is an accounting exercise by ICG - how many vessels have they sold outright?  OSCAR WILDE is as likely to return as KAITAKI which was also sold on in the same way.  It's not like MSC are short of a few quid and couldn't afford an outright purchase - the cruise division alone is said to make around $4000 a minute!!  At this stage any "rumours" of Oscar operating any service from Rosslare are purely wishful thinking!

Quote from: Cillian on April 11, 2019, 01:53:36 PM
I twill be interesting to see where she ends up. As far as I know MSC does not operate any ferries, They operate Cruise ships and Container ships.

They own two ferry companies!!!

Quote from: giftgrub on April 16, 2019, 08:13:17 PM
Has left drydock in H&W, now alongside ship repair key beside drydock.

No IF branding removed yet.

Will probably be removed at a yard of MSC/GNV's choice, along with any interior refurbishment they intend to undertake in the same way as happened with CECILIA PAYNE

With regard to refit cover, the most obvious solution would be to use Inishmore to cover ULYSSES and EPSILON and Yeats, with the latter to cover Epsilon's France sailings.  Inishmore could possibly be covered with a slot charter on Stena Europe (which will have improved freight capability)  - is it a coincidence that all Irish Ferries vessels had extended periods in dry dock this year meaning they'll probably only need quick routine checks next time? They might even be able to get away with in water surveys!
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

IFPete

Oscar has two less dated ex Olau Line stable mates in her new home, that could end up on irish or british shores in years to come.

it surprises me that the opportunity was mist to run the Oscar Wilde to France in Tandom to WB Yeats

I understand that comepared to rest of the fleet Oscar Wilde was dated and this was one of the key reasons for her disposal, 

ferryfan

The decision to sell the OW and cancel the previously intended summer only service from Rosslare to Roscoff ( as initially advertised for 2018 prior to the delay of WB) was a decision made directly in reply to the NTA's findings against IF.
To show the contempt in which IF hold their customers and in case anyone doubts the petty mindness of the upper management in IF here is a quote from their annual report,
"Our final vessel the Oscar Wilde is providing drydock cover for the other vessels in our fleet but has not been scheduled for service after March and is offered for charter or sale. While the Group had intended to operate a summer only service on Rosslare/ France with this vessel, these plans were reviewed following the National Transport Authority interpretation of the EU Regulation
covering Sea Passengers. These interpretations are especially penalising for operations out of peripheral ports like Rosslare. The Group has taken the first step to challenging these interpretations through the courts
."

alfie79

such BULLSHIT they had already made that decision well in advance,

there was never going to be rosslare-france run

IFPete

Lets see whats WB Yeats summer loadings are like.

There must be room for expansion using epsilon running opposite WB Yeats to France when IF2 arrives.

At that time Stena might be offloading tonnage from their Baltic Fleet which IF might pick up.

ferryfan

Quote from: IFPete on April 26, 2019, 12:04:49 PM
Lets see whats WB Yeats summer loadings are like.

There must be room for expansion using epsilon running opposite WB Yeats to France when IF2 arrives.

At that time Stena might be offloading tonnage from their Baltic Fleet which IF might pick up.
IF are investing in new state of the art shipping and not cast offs from Stena or anyone else. Plus they do not need any additional vessels unless they decide to introduce new routes which they haven't given any indication of intentions to so do. In their annual report it states that Epsilon is to go back to her owners when hull 777 is delivered in 2020.

hhvferry

Initial indications are that Oscar Wilde will operate for GNV between Genoa and Olbia this summer, the same route as the Moby Drea and Otta.

IFPete

IF were going to operate daily services to France and then changed their mind due to the financial kicking the got last year. That does not rule this option out in the future. There is no reason why a daily service to france would not work.

Epsilon like Connamara are good route developers due to their flexibility and small size. There is no reason to stop IF extending the lease or even purchasing Epsilon if they see the benifit.

IF is suffering from loss of external charter revenue and i am sure when Stena Vision , Stena Spirit and Stena Jutlandica become available for financial disposal IF will come in to kick the tires. 

hhvferry

If I had a hat, I'd eat it if IF were to buy the Stena Spirit or Stena Vision. They're well maintained (ish) but are effectively date back to the 1970s.

IFPete

They are configured for 1700 passengers , 2214 lane metres, Thats an impovement on Oscar Wilde and Epsilon. They are more modern than Oscar Wilde.

Rob 1987

Oscar Wide Has Change Her Port Of Registry From Nassau to Limassol and Change Her Flag From Bahamas To Cyprus
Regards Rob

geopm

There was no sign of any change of flag on last Sunday 28 April in Belfast

RorieLen

Quote from: geopm on May 01, 2019, 05:48:13 PM
There was no sign of any change of flag on last Sunday 28 April in Belfast

Her flag was changed yesterday and I believe she may be keeping the same name.