FSG Shipyard

Started by giftgrub, February 12, 2019, 08:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsav68

Work on 781 in the build house appears to have ground to a halt again over the last week or so.
Work on Leevsten and Honfleur appears to be continuing.

Niall

Work on 781 is still proceeding

Chef

Quote from: marsav68 on July 16, 2019, 09:09:21 AM
Work on 781 in the build house appears to have ground to a halt again over the last week or so.
It is the holiday season as well don't forget , and the Germans do like their annual vacations .

Steven

Quote from: Chef on July 16, 2019, 05:29:52 PM
It is the holiday season as well don't forget , and the Germans do like their annual vacations .

Exactly this.  A friend actually visited a week or two ago and was told much of the workforce was on holiday.  When people booked their holidays the yard didn't exactly plan to be in the position they are now in.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

marsav68

Quote from: Steven on July 17, 2019, 04:49:11 AM
Quote from: Chef on July 16, 2019, 05:29:52 PM

Exactly this.  A friend actually visited a week or two ago and was told much of the workforce was on holiday.  When people booked their holidays the yard didn't exactly plan to be in the position they are now in.

Looks like the reason ok.

IFPete

Build 781 is not due to launch until 29 October 2019,

I guess this built in holidays etc.

I wonder when Build 780 and Honfleur will be completed.

marsav68

Quote from: IFPete on July 24, 2019, 04:33:28 PM

780 still appears to be moving along. It is active on AIS (If that is the correct terminology!) and I see on the latest camera shot that the rear lifeboat has been installed. Even with holidays there still appears to be plenty of workers going on and off. Quay side crane also in operation.

http://31.209.185.102/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=114000

IFPete

There is a Cherry Picker working on the side of Honfleur @ 0015 AM

Steven

Quote from: IFPete on July 24, 2019, 04:33:28 PM

Honfleur is currently due for delivery in Early Spring 2020.  She on the timetable from 21st April.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

marsav68

Just noticed the following on the FSG site from 30/08/2019:

http://www.fsg-ship.de/wordpress/en/tennor-holding-takes-full-ownership-of-flensburger-schiffbau-gesellschaft-mbh-co-kg-fsg/

Flensbug, 30.9.19; The Global investment company Tennor Holding B.V. confirms it has now become the sole owner of the German shipyard FSG.

This follows the successful acquisition of all remaining shares in FSG from the former owners, Siem Europe Sarl.

In February of this year, Tennor (formerly Sapinda Holding) became the principal shareholder in the business, established in the North German state of Schleswig-Holstein in 1872.

Siem Europe first became a shareholder in FSG in September 2014 and over the past five years has been the main purchaser of vessels produced at the yard, which has included the construction of 8 large Roll on/Roll off freighters.

Siem Europe will continue to work closely with Tennor alongside other FSG customers and suppliers to ensure the long term growth and prosperity of the business.

Also here: http://www.fsg-ship.de/wordpress/en/correction-statement-on-media-coverage-in-week-26/ is says:

Furthermore, the construction of next RoRo ship, Hull No. 781 has not stopped – on the contrary, the keel laying ceremony took place on 27.5.19 and is progressing to schedule on the slipway with launching scheduled for 29.10.2019.

So hull 777 to start in November?

Niall

Yes we know that. That statement was made public a few weeks back. Leevsten as been handed over to Siem Carriers. Will most likey be going to Fayard to have scrubbers fitted.

ferryfan

Shippax reporting that sources in Germany expecting FSG is about to apply for insolvency.

Niall

Where does that leave Hull 777 and Honfleur?

Chef

Quote from: Niall on April 25, 2020, 03:33:44 PM
Where does that leave Hull 777 and Honfleur?
Luckily there is no Hull 777 to speak of so it can be built elsewhere like Finland maybe , as for Honfleur , i'm pretty sure she will be completed but delivered pretty late , maybe next  year . With her unique fueling/refueling system and designed for a six hour crossing she is only designed for one route and is of no interest to any ferry companies other than Brittany Ferries .

geopm

Not so simple!  IF have paid €30m to FSG and they are unlikely to be able to recover much of that if they go elsewhere.