Stena Nordica cancelled sailing tonight

Started by Frogman, January 03, 2019, 04:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

Just heard from Stena that the sailing tonight was canceled. They rang this morning to say there were no kennels as they are not fit for purpose. Now an email to say the sailing is not fit for people either! Needless to say Stena are following the glorious Irish Ferries customer service and not answering the phone! I asked the person this morning if the Nordica has been in Rosslare for two days, why only now are they contacting passengers! No answer...

Paul Arbuckle

I just heard that my sailing ex Cherbourg on Friday 4th is also cancelled. I was called before Christmas and offered inducements to re-route via Calais-Dover, as the replacement ferry, presumably Nordica, was smaller and could not carry all the bookings. I declined the offer and asked what would happen if all the people booked refused to re-route. The unofficial comment was that they would probably cancel the sailing. I wonder if this is the 'technical' reason.

giftgrub

Bizarre according to booking system tonight's sailing was sold out !

Not good when capacity is restricted.

marthyrarth

Anyone know when the Nordica will be in Holyhead?

Cancellation by Stena Line as is now happening sounds really bad.........m Maybe the Poles haven't been looking after her?

giftgrub

Probably nothing to do with the cancellations but I did notice it stayed at around 12/13 knts on the trip from Gothenburg, given the power they have available on the Nordica (which is one of the most powerful Ferries in the Stena Line fleet), thought they might have opened up the throttles and given it a good run out.

Steven

Quote from: marthyrarth on January 03, 2019, 08:19:18 PM
Anyone know when the Nordica will be in Holyhead?

Cancellation by Stena Line as is now happening sounds really bad.........m Maybe the Poles haven't been looking after her?

Some would say she wasn't in stellar condition when she was at Holyhead tbh!

Worth bearing in mind this would have been her first sailing.  When a ferry moves to operate away from her normal route there are procedures, inspections and regulations that must be adhered to in the countries that she will be operating to/from.

A cancelled sailing will show as "sold out" on the booking engine anyway.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

IFPete

Stena Nordica is a nice ship , she is a little on the small size but a lot nicer than the Epsilon with its own areas.

giftgrub

Stena Forerunner expected in Rosslare in the morning to provide a return sailing to Cherbourg over the weekend while Nordica is out of action.

https://www.niferry.co.uk/stena-forerunner-to-make-rosslare-to-cherbourg-round-trip/

Paul Arbuckle

Returned to Ireland yesterday on Stena Europe from Fishguard, having been forced to drive through UK as a result of Nordica's cancellation. Really annoying to see Nordica moored in Rosslare.

jgf

Nordica went for a spin from Rosslare this morning. I presume she is running tonight according to the website.

giftgrub

Stena Nordica appears to have finally started service tonight, currently just under 20 knts on way to Cherbourg.