WB YEATS Dublin Bound

Started by ferryfan, December 15, 2018, 02:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A83

There were 5 or 6 main menu options in the Lady Gregory:  mains included steak, lamb, a vegetarian option and a fish dish. The starters looked more interesting, didn't really examine the desserts because 40 euro seemed a bit much. Wines there started at 15 euro.

We had a 4 berth , it had no DVD but maybe you could ask at reception. They were pretty obliging.

The café was fairly quiet,  they had pizza, sandwiches etc. 

There was quiet area that seemed a bit like a Snoezelen room [Sally Gardens] but I didn't investigate.

Enjoy the trip.

DaveW1946

I know nothing about the Yeats (we're annoyed Rosslare customers). However ref your DVD query, we always take a compact DVD player with us plus the cable to connect it to TVs in French rental properties. The only snag is knowing which socket the TV has (Scart or HDMI). The other solution is to download films to an iPad or similar. Some DVDs we've purchased recently have inserts with a code to download a copy of the film to such devices.

geopm

As far as can be seen on the cabin videos there are no dvd players on the TVs and I would not have expected any.  As far as bringing a portable player with cable, I expect that it would not be possible to connect to TVs in cabins as TVs are mounted flat on the cabin walls with no access to connection points at their back.

The menu and pricing in Lady Gregory sounds exactly like what was on offer on OW Berneval waiter service restaurant and priced the same (other than an increased wine minimum cost).

ccs

Sailing to Cherbourg on WBY during the week so will report back then. 

Chef

DVD player's in cabins would make the on board cinema redundant ,plus the loss of income from same . Remember you are at sea on ship , so every revenue stream possible will be explored by IF .

marsav68

Quote from: francebound1982 on April 05, 2019, 03:25:38 PM
Has anyone who has travelled so far on the Cherbourg route any experience of the Inisfree club lounge?  Getting inconsistent info from IF as to whether you can order food from the menu there on the route to France and we will be travelling with our son who has autism and was hoping to eat there in a less packed venue than Boylans Brasserie.

Also has anyone any idea of the menu options yet in Lady Gregory and are there DVD players in the TVs in the cabins?  Thanks  :)

Very excited for our trip next week so trying to tie up loose ends now!

Just noticed LIDL are selling portable DVD with screen for €60 this morning.

Ferry2france

Was on the WB Yeats last week, I have to say I was underwhelmed by it.  The ship design seems more suited to an economy sailing, or a shorter voyage - it would sit better on the Dublin to Holyhead route.  Lots of room for freight and cars but it's like they gave up when it came to passenger comforts.  Cabins are small and narrow, one family I talked to had trouble getting their kids buggy through the doorways.  (there are really, really expensive cabins too) The sailing was rough both ways but only overnight and I have fairly stable sealegs - the boat was late departing and arriving - the food in the main eatery is the usual fare, nothing special and overpriced.  There were what seemed like hundreds of French students onboard, both ways, running, shouting the usual but no way of escaping them except to the bar (of which there is only one) on deck 11 or the cabin.  Oscar Wilde even in its older state is a smoother sail and a more spacious interior.   The WB Yeats was dearer too.

A83

W B Yeats docks bow first in both Cherbourg and Dublin. Is there a reason she doesn't use the stern ramps?

RorieLen

Quote from: A83 on May 05, 2019, 12:09:43 PM
W B Yeats docks bow first in both Cherbourg and Dublin. Is there a reason she doesn't use the stern ramps?

She berths stern in at Dublin when on Cherbourg service and bow in when on the Holyhead run

Trucker

On it now.
Just left Cherbourg.
I've never experienced vibrations like it when we left the berth sideways, to turn around.
My pint of lager  (€6) very nearly made its own way off the table.
Fine ship, cabin ok,2 of us freight drivers sharing, but everything is very dull, carpets, walls and so on.
Bar is bright and airy though, with comfortable seats, nice view out over the bow, but expensive.
Id much prefer the Oscar Wilde,  but alas,  that ship has sailed !.

Trucker

Still in the bar, and we are sailing away from Cherbourg.
The vibration is constant.
Very uncomfortable indeed.

Steven

Quote from: Chef on April 07, 2019, 01:20:56 PM
DVD player's in cabins would make the on board cinema redundant ,plus the loss of income from same . Remember you are at sea on ship , so every revenue stream possible will be explored by IF .
Wouldn't be the first ferry operator to offer dvd's for hire though!
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline