WB YEATS Dublin Bound

Started by ferryfan, December 15, 2018, 02:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

conor

WB Yeats left Holyhead on time and Stena Adventurer left quite late today (for their sailings arriving into Dublin at dinner time.) Can anyone explain why WB is now going along at 13 kts. Would it not be a slight bit of a competition. If WB Yeats gets in ahead. Why is WB letting the Adventurer overtake it like that. I understand if they're both going along at service speed. But it seems strange to slow right down to let the other ship overtake you?
Update 15:25: She's just turned North and is stopped. Very strange.

DaveW1946

Irish Ferries should learn from Ryanair - you can only be nasty for so long. Can't believe IF are now blaming NTA for their decision to abandon Rosslare-France. So it wasn't a non-existent survey of customers that said they wanted to sail from Dublin. Who will IF blame next?

RorieLen

Quote from: conor on January 29, 2019, 02:57:44 PM
WB Yeats left Holyhead on time and Stena Adventurer left quite late today (for their sailings arriving into Dublin at dinner time.) Can anyone explain why WB is now going along at 13 kts. Would it not be a slight bit of a competition. If WB Yeats gets in ahead. Why is WB letting the Adventurer overtake it like that. I understand if they're both going along at service speed. But it seems strange to slow right down to let the other ship overtake you?

Do they not have slots for arrival at Dublin and each ship is allocated a place in the queue so I assume WB Yeats is letting Stena Adventurer in front of her as she normally has her allocated slot before Ulysses/Yeats?

conor

Quote from: RorieLen on January 29, 2019, 05:30:49 PM
Quote from: conor on January 29, 2019, 02:57:44 PM

Do they not have slots for arrival at Dublin and each ship is allocated a place in the queue so I assume WB Yeats is letting Stena Adventurer in front of her as she normally has her allocated slot before Ulysses/Yeats?
I've seen Ulysees get in of Adventurer many times before. So I don't think this is the case. I may be wrong though.

ferryfan

Quote from: IFPete on January 29, 2019, 12:59:59 PM
There is no harm to test the case in a court of law,
The "harm" is the disrespect and contempt they have shown to the thousands of families who's holidays were disrupted last year.

Shipmate

IF will suffer a backlash, every person treated like crap will harp on to all their family and friends.

Corp choice to make the customer suffer for IF mistakes is weird. Sad to see them run so badly.

captainbob

We were booked going back on Yates tonight and looking forward to our Club Lounge booking after having a surprise on the outward voyage. I already booked this as the Yates was going to be in service when I booked the return and wanted a bit of luxury after a difficult trip. Turns out we are on the  Epsilon and as no club lounge we are given a cabin. I dont want a cabin at 20.00 as will not be sleeping......
Very disappointed

IFPete

Epsilon is a horrable experience. My mother christened it the Boring Ferry because there is nothing to do when you are aboard.

We always pick Superfast X with Epsilon is the alternative.

captainbob

Angry passengers tonight as all booked on Yates and now on Epsilon. They have taken our car keys in exchange for our cabin key. >:( Not sure why.

Chef

Quote from: captainbob on January 30, 2019, 08:38:42 PM
Angry passengers tonight as all booked on Yates and now on Epsilon. They have taken our car keys in exchange for our cabin key. >:( Not sure why.
That's how they insure that you return the cabin keys . The cabin key is not  discarded like on other ferries. You won't be able to depart the ship without your car keys . This insures that the key is returned .

IFPete

The Cabin keys are quit heavy as well.

Steven

Quote from: Chef on January 30, 2019, 09:05:57 PM
Quote from: captainbob on January 30, 2019, 08:38:42 PM
That's how they insure that you return the cabin keys . The cabin key is not  discarded like on other ferries. You won't be able to depart the ship without your car keys . This insures that the key is returned .
Just out of interest is this normal and explained well to passengers beforehand? 
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

Chef

It's normal practice on board Epsilon . Not explained as such but easy enough to figure out when you are handed your cabin key .

HSS

Never had to do that with a cabin on Stena Adventurer or Superfast X, although I think I may have been asked for £5 deposit for the TV remote control on Superfast X  ;D

ferryfan

Quote from: HSS on January 31, 2019, 11:19:49 PM
Never had to do that with a cabin on Stena Adventurer or Superfast X, although I think I may have been asked for £5 deposit for the TV remote control on Superfast X  ;D
That's because you get a key card on those ships on Epsilon you get a real key