WB YEATS Dublin Bound

Started by ferryfan, December 15, 2018, 02:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A83

Was there not a suggestion that Oscar Wilde is being/ has been sold?

IFPete

like Brexit, we will have to wait and see what happens,

Oscar Wilde has been very versitile since she came up to Dublin from Rosslare in October, taking sailings to both Holyhead and Cherbourg swapping with Epsilon. She has only mist a few sailings due to adverse weather.

Having her around for the summer would add a lot of flexibility to the fleet in terms of extra capacity and break down cover in event one of the other vessels have to be taken out of service. Something that was mist last summer.

Aer Lingus are doing the same on North Atlantic this year with a standbye A330 to take over casualty aircraft.

Shipmate

Would really appreciate if someone who is sailing on WB Yeats could post a photo of the cabin plans, especially for deck 8.

Or indeed any photos of the ship.

Thanks.

Shipmate.

conor

What's the story with WB Yeats tonight? She's been in port all day. Weather doesn't seem that bad and IF show her 20:55 sailing as on time. It's 23:00 now and she hasn't moved.

jgf

Yeats left around 23.30 due to 'technical reasons' - teething problems I assume

IFPete

WB Yeats passed howth at about 0930 this morning with a spectacular plumb of white smoke , presumably condensation

jgf

IF blame the NTA for their own decision to shutting down Rosslare France. IF/ICG must a massive Crystal ball,  because it is hard to know how a route has become"commercially unviable" when Irish Ferries did not even attempt to take bookings for said route for the 2019 season.

its obvious the only way to shore the accounts if to flog Oscar while they can before the ship gets any older. Demand for a Rosslare to France doesnt matter to them.

IF want to fight this all the way. I pity anyone waiting for compensation because they wont get a penny until the legal process is exhausted.

IFPete

Sounds like Both Irish Ferries and Brittany Ferries will need to pay bigger deposits to get their ships out of Flemsburg,

They are currently building another freight ferry for their parent company, How is funding that?

giftgrub

Parent company would be a separate business, they are not going to risk massive losses from a subsidiary company, this is not good obviously as massive loss on a contract has finished many shipyards.

BF, TT Line and IF themselves have orders placed, SIEM group (the parent company) also have an order placed, quite simply the complexity of building a large ro pax ferry, of which one more is built and three more are on order have it seems proven to be far more complicated than FSG thought, I would think we will see price renegotiated for rest of future builds and a return to building freight vessels.

I cannot believe given how cheap WB Yeats was they did not have a no penalty clause in the contract in the event of late delivery, for the most complicated ferry they ever built it had a ridiculously short build time to service schedule.

IFPete

Maria Grazia Onorato has an active transmitter and has a destination of Hamburg,

I wonder does that mean she has been handed over. This will help their cash flow for now.

ferryfan

Typical response from Irish Ferries re the NTA's decision that they should compensate the people they inconvenienced. At some point that company is going notice that being a nasty, uncaring, greedy, customer hating organisation is going to backfire. They should grow a pair, man up and do the right thing for once pay the money and get on with it instead of dragging the bad press out.
You would have to wonder if anybody on the board of ICG actually lives in the real world or do they reside permanently in the realm of pure corporate greed.

IFPete

There is no harm to test the case in a court of law,