W.B.YEATS DELIVERY IS DELAYED

Started by alfie79, April 21, 2018, 12:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SEA

Now that the Yeats is back from her Sea trials whats next ?Have the Scrubbers still to be fitted or is she ready to be handed over to ICG ?

conor

Quote from: SEA on November 07, 2018, 01:30:40 PM
Now that the Yeats is back from her Sea trials whats next ?Have the Scrubbers still to be fitted or is she ready to be handed over to ICG ?
I think she still has to head to Denmark to have her scrubbers fitted. Alf Pollak is still in Odense.

IFPete

Alf Pollock was suppost to vacate drydock last monday,

Steven

W.B. YEATS arrived back at FSG earlier (looking a little rusty and with that section on the port side where the aft and middle modules join still in primer).  Some pictures on NIFS

https://www.niferry.co.uk/in-pictures-irish-ferries-w-b-yeats-returns-from-sea-trials/
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

conor

Great photos Steven. Thanks for sharing.

giftgrub

Quote from: Steven on November 07, 2018, 05:01:08 PM
W.B. YEATS arrived back at FSG earlier (looking a little rusty and with that section on the port side where the aft and middle modules join still in primer).  Some pictures on NIFS

https://www.niferry.co.uk/in-pictures-irish-ferries-w-b-yeats-returns-from-sea-trials/

Thanks also for posting at least they can see the bits they missed, looks very weather marked for a brand new ferry after a week and half's use.

IFPete

It was not touched up before the sea trials

SEA

I just read this on line,Published by the Irish Sun Yesterday.  could this delay delivery even more ...

https://www.thesun.ie/news/3360072/german-cops-sabotage-irish-ferry/

Chef

I find it hard to believe that the scrubbers have not yet been installed , if not, were are they to be installed ? , around the funnel like on the Pont Aven . I dought it .

IFPete

No response from IF. I guess they must be happy enough with her performance.

IFPete

Press Release from shipyard.

New construction "W.B.Yeats" has successfully completed test drive

The most recent newbuilding of the Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft (FSG), the passenger ferry "W.B.Yeats", has successfully completed its 10-day test drive today and has returned to Flensburg.

Now the remaining work is done at the shipyard.

Facts and figures about the new building NB771 "W.B. Yeats ":

194.60 meters in length
31.60 meters wide
54,975 gross tons
33,600 kilowatts of power Main engine
1,885 passengers and crew
455 passenger cabins plus 60 crew cabins
2,800 spur meters
Equipped with scrubbers for cleaning ship emissions

Flensburg, November 7, 2018

conor

Quote from: IFPete on November 09, 2018, 09:39:04 AM

The most recent newbuilding of the Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft (FSG), the passenger ferry "W.B.Yeats", has successfully completed its 10-day test drive today and has returned to Flensburg.

194.60 meters in length
31.60 meters wide
54,975 gross tons
2,800 spur meters

Is there a delivery date yet?

Steven

Quote from: Chef on November 08, 2018, 10:53:46 AM
I find it hard to believe that the scrubbers have not yet been installed , if not, were are they to be installed ? , around the funnel like on the Pont Aven . I dought it .

Space will have been allowed for inside the funnel given she was designed with scrubber installation in mind unlike older vessels such as PA.  There's a precedent actually - ALF POLLAK had her scrubbers fitted after her trials (also off Bornholm and the Danish coast) at Odense.

Quote from: IFPete on November 07, 2018, 11:57:27 PM
Technically not true.  Someone obviously had the paint out at some stage in the past couple of weeks else the area around the bow doors (and others) would still have primer on them!!

Quote from: conor on November 09, 2018, 11:09:25 PM

194.60 meters in length
31.60 meters wide
54,975 gross tons
2,800 spur meters

I'm told there is still some commissioning work to do.  Perhaps we might see her in Dublin before the end of the month.  Then there will likely be weeks of trials, crew familiarisation, drills, and inspections.  Fingers crossed she gets in service for Xmas!

Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

conor

Quote from: Steven on November 09, 2018, 11:43:24 PM
Quote from: Chef on November 08, 2018, 10:53:46 AM

Space will have been allowed for inside the funnel given she was designed with scrubber installation in mind unlike older vessels such as PA.  There's a precedent actually - ALF POLLAK had her scrubbers fitted after her trials (also off Bornholm and the Danish coast) at Odense.

Quote from: IFPete on November 07, 2018, 11:57:27 PM
Technically not true.  Someone obviously had the paint out at some stage in the past couple of weeks else the area around the bow doors (and others) would still have primer on them!!

Quote from: conor on November 09, 2018, 11:09:25 PM

194.60 meters in length
31.60 meters wide
54,975 gross tons
2,800 spur meters

I'm told there is still some commissioning work to do.  Perhaps we might see her in Dublin before the end of the month.  Then there will likely be weeks of trials, crew familiarisation, drills, and inspections.  Fingers crossed she gets in service for Xmas!

Thanks Steven.

Chef

Well looks like the paint brushes are out in force today on the port side .