W.B.YEATS DELIVERY IS DELAYED

Started by alfie79, April 21, 2018, 12:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IFPete

WB Yeats looks ready for action. Hopefully she will go on sea trials tomorrow morning,

ferryfan

Steady stream of crew (i presume) going onboard dragging suitcase behind them.

Niall

The cherry picker was taken off just now through the lower vehicle deck. Tugs Kiel and Stein are en route to FSG now from Kiel. That piece of front decking at the top front of the ship will need a quick lick of paint before she goes out.

IFPete

they loaded a 20 FT container onboard the upper deck this morning via the crane,

maybe the rain in Flemsburg will wash away the dust mark off the pier webcam.

Niall

It wasn't dust at the top of the webcam. The top of the shipis just out of view of the webcam. I saw that big container being looaded

Davy Jones

W.B. Yeats' AIS now showing a destination of Bornholm.

conor

Tugs are also now moving around WB yeats on ais.

conor

Davy Jones

Under tow and away from the berth!

I presume they manoeuvre her like this at first because they are not yet sure how she will react in tight areas.

giftgrub

Hopefully all good news from now on, best of luck to all involved

ferryfan

Departing the berth at FSG last night under tow. She looks fantastic!
pic (c) the owner

SEA

I was Lucky enough to be able to have a sneaky look during work at her progression to Bornholm  and she reached a top speed (so far) of 23.6 Knots

giftgrub

Has shown plenty of speed, impressive

giftgrub

24.1 knts at the moment just off Bornholm, not to shabby, shipyard crew must be having fun showing the IF crew what their new build can do.

jgf

Great  to see WB finally motoring I look forward to travelling on her. Here's to no more delays.