HSC Dublin Swift

Started by ferryfan, April 06, 2018, 02:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferryfan

Work must be almost completed on the transformation she left dry dock and is expected in Dublin next Tuesday at 16:00.

Davy Jones

Love to see a photo of her alongside Jonathan Swift.

Steven

Quote from: ferryfan on April 06, 2018, 02:21:02 PM
Work must be almost completed on the transformation she left dry dock and is expected in Dublin next Tuesday at 16:00.
I wouldn't bet on it ;)
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

ferryfan

Quote from: Steven on April 07, 2018, 08:02:28 PM
I wouldn't bet on it ;)

You might be right!

Steven

Quote from: ferryfan on April 09, 2018, 10:14:31 PM
Quote from: Steven on April 07, 2018, 08:02:28 PM
I wouldn't bet on it ;)

You might be right!
There's a while to go yet unless I'm being told porky pies.

MES deployment today so she turned round

ferryfan

Scheduled to depart Belfast at 14:00 eta Dublin about 19:00. Wait and see!

giftgrub

Has arrived in Dublin port.

SEA

I posted a Picture of Both Dublin and Jonathan Swift on Shipspotting (Thanks Gift grub for your suggestion) in Dublin Port Today . please enlarge  to see as my photographic skills are not great

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2840554#

giftgrub

Cool image, they look good together. Nothing wrong with your camera skills.

Have to say, I think the way the Dublin Swift name is presented on the new vessel just looks wrong, would have made  the Irish Ferries name and logo bigger and put Dublin Swift same as on Jonathan Swift, though the funnels look good.

Will be interesting to see what the new vessel looks like inside.

SEA

Yes I would agree Signage looks a complete miss match, the "Irish Ferries" is too small  and Dublin Swift is too big. Another interesting thing I noticed is there seems to be no open Deck space for Passengers to go outside . maybe someone knows if there is or not ?? the Jonathan swift has rails on the roof  the Dublin swift appears not to have any.

ferryfan

Quote from: SEA on April 17, 2018, 08:45:21 AM
Yes I would agree Signage looks a complete miss match, the "Irish Ferries" is too small  and Dublin Swift is too big. Another interesting thing I noticed is there seems to be no open Deck space for Passengers to go outside . maybe someone knows if there is or not ?? the Jonathan swift has rails on the roof  the Dublin swift appears not to have any.

There is accessible outside deck space at the back of the ship which you can see here either side of the stern ramp.

Steven

Quote from: ferryfan on April 17, 2018, 01:40:25 PM
Quote from: SEA on April 17, 2018, 08:45:21 AM

There is accessible outside deck space at the back of the ship which you can see here either side of the stern ramp.

Exactly, though it looks a little different to that now ;).  As for the livery, I've seen worse.  The "swift" is a nice (albeit maybe a little big) touch.

jgf

Can anyone shed any light on why the timetable change is on 2 different days?

Swift dep. Dublin at 08:30 from May 2nd (change from 08:45)
Swfit dep. Holyhead at 11:30 from April 24th (change from 11:50)

ferryfan

Quote from: jgf on April 19, 2018, 01:57:34 PM
Can anyone shed any light on why the timetable change is on 2 different days?

Swift dep. Dublin at 08:30 from May 2nd (change from 08:45)
Swfit dep. Holyhead at 11:30 from April 24th (change from 11:50)

It might have something to do with new ferry slot times allocated by the Port Company which have been revised in April and again for July to accommodate the WB sailings to Cherbourg and again in September to take account of WB arriving on the Central Corridor and Epsilon transferring to Cherbourg.

RorieLen

I think the Holyhead departure is being brought forward as the Dublin Swift will be using T5 and she has to clear the berth for the Stena Adventurer arrival.