Jonathan Swift renamed

Started by ferryfan, March 14, 2018, 11:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferryfan

Baleraia have announced that the former Swift will be renamed HSC "Cecilia Payne" (a British/American Astronomer wiki) when she enters service on the 1st June between Denia - Ibiza and Palma.

Davy Jones

Do we know when J. Swift and D. Swift are to swap over?

RorieLen

End of April I believe was what was announced.

IFPete

9th April is plan but this could change.

ferryfan

The 1st May might be the first day in service for the new Dublin Swift. IF timetable shows a change on that date with the current 0845 swift departing at the earlier time of 0830 from that date?

ferryfan

Dublin Swift in the dry dock at H&W photo from Matrix Ship Managment facebook page.

Steven

Quote from: IFPete on March 22, 2018, 07:14:02 PM
9th April is plan but this could change.
That would be extremely optimistic from what I have heard tbh!

Quote from: ferryfan on March 23, 2018, 11:07:24 AM
The 1st May might be the first day in service for the new Dublin Swift. IF timetable shows a change on that date with the current 0845 swift departing at the earlier time of 0830 from that date?
Sounds plausible.  Bit later than the "late April" previously expected but not that much later.  IIRC I read somewhere Jonathan Swift goes to Balearia in May so would fit that timeline as well.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

IFPete

Jonathan Swift to be handed over to new owners end of April according to announcement.

Crew have already received training on Dublin Swift.

ferryfan

In her new livery might be photoshopped?

Steven

Quote from: ferryfan on May 31, 2018, 10:41:40 AM
In her new livery might be photoshopped?
Perhaps, but I can confirm she is in her new livery now and it looks like the latter picture.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline