Irish Ferries Documentary - I need your assistance please.

Started by rachroo, February 20, 2018, 04:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rachroo

Hi all,

My name is Rachel Healy, I am a researcher with RTÉ and I hope you don't mind me contacting you on this forum but I am looking for your assistance if at all possible.

I am currently working on a documentary about the launch of the new W.B. Yeats Cruise Ferry in July this year - from construction to the launch day and we will also include archive, history of ferries in Ireland and the important role they play for us as an island nation.

I am looking for any archive footage, photographs which may be rare and also if you had any stories that may have happened on the ferry including B&I and Irish Ferries. We are searching for anything we may have overlooked, hidden history or stories - an unsung hero, a proposal on deck, a special interest group that travels annually - no matter how small I am interested.

We would also love to include a ferry enthusiast in the documentary - It might be yourself, perhaps someone who has and hopes to follow the W.B Yeats on its journey and hopes also to be there on launch day. Someone with a genuine interest in the ferry.

If you have an interest in these subjects or feel you might be able to recommend someone to me you can contact me on rachel.healy@rte.ie - I will aim to answer all emails as soon as possible.

The documentary will air on RTÉ1 in early 2019.

Thank you for your time, any assistance will be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Rachel

seatrucker

Hello Rachael,

I see no one has replied - I thought there would be more interest in this. Not sure I personally can help but I have recently bought a copy of 'Ferries of The Irish Sea over four decades',.

https://www.ferrypubs.co.uk/product/ferries-of-the-irish-sea/

Its author Miles Cowsill has produced several books on the subject of Irish Ferries and seems to be an Authority on the subject. The link below has contact details.

https://www.lilypublications.co.uk/about-us/

Hope that helps and I look forward to seeing the Documentary.