Investment at Rosslare Europort

Started by pdnr777, January 06, 2018, 05:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdnr777

Hello there,
I know this has probably been discussed here before but wondered whether there was any news regarding the investment or privatisation of Rosslare Europort? I heard around 2 years ago that consultants were looking into this regarding the ports future with privatisation from Irish Rail/Iarnrod Eireann, and possible investment in facilities and infrastructure at the port. I have tried to find out via the internet as to whether there is any news but cannot seem to find any.
I am a user of the port and use the ferry routes from there to either Fishguard or Pembroke. First impressions when you arrive into the port off off the ferry is very disorganised and ramshackle. This is the case when departing too, ferry terminal does not have much in it, and facilities need investment in them.
Also, even the website for the port needs attention as is not up to date and shows routes on there that do not exist any more. Plus twitter and Facebook pages was last updated in 2010/2011; just shows a lack of care to providing information or advertising that a port exists.