Investment at Rosslare Europort

Started by pdnr777, January 06, 2018, 05:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drrummer

I haven't had a chance to read this entire thread, but it might interest some people that the port is not owned by Irish Rail, rather by Fishguard and Rosslare Railways and Harbour Company.

giftgrub

Quote from: drrummer on January 09, 2023, 02:46:32 AMI haven't had a chance to read this entire thread, but it might interest some people that the port is not owned by Irish Rail, rather by Fishguard and Rosslare Railways and Harbour Company.

Correct, with Stena Line responsible for Fishguard and Irish Rail responsible for Rosslare.

Just read in this weeks Wexford People that De Lapps Hill is going to be resurfaced over the next two weeks which unless I misunderstood is the road leading down to the port which has been in a very bad way since well before Brexit happened, finally my alloys and tyres will be safe going to the harbour !

jpwoodh

The first 200m of your arrival into Ireland at Rosslare is probably the worst road surface in the country.   Dublin port from the ferries to the port exit is a mess too, with bad signage and potholes everywhere.

giftgrub

The hill down into the harbour has not been touched yet, surface is still shocking, I obviously got that wrong, from the roundabout in the harbour to the top of the hill needs to be done, the block paving is gone into big dips and the road surface is very poor at the top.

However in good news the roundabout at Roche Freight is now in use and in the final stages of being surfaced by the look of it, with surface of the existing roads ground down and kerbs going in.

giftgrub

Great news, the hill down to Rosslare port has been repaired, some freshly laid tarmac has been put down, including the block paved area by the station, all now looking good.

Will need a complete surfacing at some stage but this is a vast improvement, well done.

IFPete

great cartoon video released as to port plan.

Chef

Quote from: IFPete on February 23, 2023, 06:05:42 PMgreat cartoon video released as to port plan.
Just viewed it...someone doesn't know the difference between UK and GB

giftgrub

Very interesting article in this weeks Wexford People, basically calling on Irish Rail to get the finger out and start developing the port, two years into Brexit and approaching seven years since David Cameron's moment of madness, what has happened in Rosslare Port.

You cannot view this attachment.

jpwoodh

Work is ongoing at Rosslare. 

The OPW is seeking two resident engineers for the Rosslare Europort Terminal 7 & Enabling Works.

ccs

Few pics I took on Monday of the ongoing expansion work at Rosslare port

ccs

Feature on Rosslare Europort and on Nolan Transport on RTE Nationwide on Wednesday evening at 7pm

WEDNESDAY 11TH OCTOBER

PRESENTER BLÁTHNAID NÍ CHOFAIGH

ROSSLARE EUROPORT PROGRAMME

On this evening's programme we see how Brexit has benefited the Southeast Port of Rosslare in County Wexford. We see how busy it has become and we hear of the plans to expand and develop the harbour facilities which have seen huge growth in recent times. Plus, we meet a Wexford family whose transport business is expanding to ship and store goods for distribution around Europe.

ccs

Rte Nationwide programme available to view online for 30 days

https://www.rte.ie/player/series/nationwide/SI0000001172?

Some great footage including some on board Stena Vision and an interview with her captain. Worth a look!