IFPete

I agree and i suspect Oscar Wilde might return on summer charter in 2020

alfie79

do ye reckon?

not a bit of a long shot

would OW not be busy for summer in the Med

although i am surprised there has not being a name change on her

ferryfan

OW won't be back she's sold. Innisfree won't be back she's too small.

alfie79

Quote from: ferryfan on May 03, 2019, 11:06:47 AM
OW won't be back she's sold. Innisfree won't be back she's too small.

thats Gas i remember when the innisfree was first in dublin she was nearly too big for the dublin run
now shes too small for rosslare

IFPete

Isle of Inishfree is not too small for Rosslare - Fishguard.

Niall

She used Fishguard while Pembroke was being upgraded in the late 90s

Steven

Innisfree won't be back because of the simple fact THEY SOLD HER for €45m!  She isn't owned by ICG! ::)
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

Matt73

Couldn't agree more about the Innisfree and OW.  Why sell these ships and then bring them back?   

A little bird informed me recently that Stena might move their Cherbourg service to Dublin in the next few years.  Is this just idle gossip, or something to be concerned about?  Perhaps an E-Flexer to challenge the WBY?

Matt

DaveW1946

If Stena were to move french service to Dublin, isn't there a shortage of berths already? Having been forced to use the WB Yeats because of Pont Aven problems, we used Dublin for the first time. WHAT A DUMP.  Poorly signed from the tunnel, boxed in by HGVs, and the view of stained chimneys and the foamy poor quality effluent from the sewage works - Rosslare is quite picturesque, plus no eflow or tunnel tolls.

Matt73

Quote from: DaveW1946 on June 05, 2019, 06:21:50 AM
If Stena were to move french service to Dublin, isn't there a shortage of berths already? Having been forced to use the WB Yeats because of Pont Aven problems, we used Dublin for the first time. WHAT A DUMP.  Poorly signed from the tunnel, boxed in by HGVs, and the view of stained chimneys and the foamy poor quality effluent from the sewage works - Rosslare is quite picturesque, plus no eflow or tunnel tolls.

Was just reporting what had been said to me, or rather a friend, by a Stena employee.  Dublin is being upgraded according to plan published on this forum in the recent past and I think a berth would be found/built if it meant more business.

For the record, I like Rosslare very much. 'Picturesque' is perhaps the problem.  Dublin is the capital, and a major hub. Freight is king.  Rosslare has lacked significant investment for years. It isn't difficult to see why IF moved the route north with the WBY, or why Stena might do the same.

Matt

IFPete

you still have to get to rosslare.

DaveW1946

Quote from: IFPete on June 07, 2019, 04:13:07 PM
you still have to get to rosslare.
The M11 will soon open up as far as Oilgate later this year, and environmental impact investigations will start soon for the last leg to Rosslare. Such investment suggests someone has got faith in Rosslare as a valuable port. Also saves extra four hours on ferry to France, even quicker if Roscoff is in the equation.