Another FSG New Build

Started by Steven, January 02, 2018, 08:18:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferryfan

There is a bit of confusion (in some recent posts) re the intended roles for the fleet. If you read the announcement it tells us that the new buiild will replace Ulysses on timetable Ulysses will then take over sailings currently operated by Epsilon.
This frees up WB Yeats to operated Ireland France services all year round alongside the Oscar Wilde.

Alan G

Quote from: ferryfan on January 02, 2018, 10:40:46 PM
There is a bit of confusion (in some recent posts) re the intended roles for the fleet. If you read the announcement it tells us that the new buiild will replace Ulysses on timetable Ulysses will then take over sailings currently operated by Epsilon.
This frees up WB Yeats to operated Ireland France services all year round alongside the Oscar Wilde.

Epsilon's current rota includes the weekend Cherbourg trip, I doubt Ulysees will be doing that. Much more likely she will be on Holyhead 7 days with the fast ferry either withdrawn or perhaps retained as summer only.

OW is off service after the summer 2018 season with Epsilon solo on Ireland (Dublin) - France so if she is to continue after 2020 alongside WB Yeats it will only be high season.

IFPete

The New Ship takes over the Ulysses schedule and Ulysses will take over Epsilons Schedule.

Please note that from July 2018 Epsilon schedule is Dublin - Holyhead only until it swaps with WB Yeats on 22 Sept 2018.

HSS

I hope there are plans to improve Holyhead Port especially the exit at the mini roundabout after the customs building. With that size of ship unloading together with Stena Adventurer, it will be very busy!!

IFPete

It took 25 minutes on saturday to get from the Uylsses to A55.

We had 1700 passengers and 650 cars plus what Stena Adventurers was carrying when she eventually docked.

Davy Jones

I have been told that there have been plans in existance for some time to put an exit road all the way from Salt Island replacing the unused train tracks running paralell to Lands End Road, under Black Bridge and letting out directly on the roundabout at the end of the A55.

IFPete

I guess this will have to wait until the Brexit negotiations are over.

Steven

There have of course been plans to redevelop Holyhead for some time.  From memory one of the stumbling blocks has been the prohibitive cost of getting Network Rail involved to remove and/or relocate railway tracks.  It would make sense to postpone any redevelopment though to take into account any infrastructure needed to cope with any changes needed as a result of the different (if that is the case) trading relationship between the UK and Ireland post 2019 or whenever.  Though for all we know that could result in little to no additional physical infrastructure at all.

The new vessel is to be some 226m long and 32.2m wide
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

ferryfan

Doors open in shipbuilding hall.

IFPete

They layed a lot of the upper vehicle deck last night

NathanBrady

Another big floating truck park.