i think a lot of foot passengers will go to dublin rather than dublin

Steven

Quote from: bissiere on December 18, 2017, 10:18:02 PM
i think a lot of foot passengers will go to dublin rather than dublin
?
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

Steven

Here's a bold prediction.  P&O will finally decide what logo and typeface they are using across the fleet and all company signage, and stick to it 😜.

Irish Ferries will ramp up the PR machine to promote the new timetable and vessel(s).  Could they use the opportunity to refresh the corporate image/livery a little?

Stena will concentrate on being more efficient with what they have already got, and perhaps towards the end of the year announce wherever E-Flexer number 1 is going.  They might also start reconfiguring Holyhead a little!

Seatruck will probably blindside us all with a new route or fleet deployment.  If market conditions are favourable could they be tempted to dip their toe in Ireland-France? 

As for France volumes switching from Rosslare to Dublin, I think they will.  Perhaps not immediately but if ICG didn't think there was a market for it they wouldn't be offering the Dublin sailings.  They won't be counting on just filling those sailings with passengers, that's for sure!

RorieLen

Why would Irish Ferries change their corporate identity or livery when it's pretty perfect as it is?

Steven

Quote from: RorieLen on January 01, 2018, 01:44:16 PM
Why would Irish Ferries change their corporate identity or livery when it's pretty perfect as it is?
No idea if I'm honest.  Looks like they'll be too busy planning for another new build now in any case!

NathanBrady

Fun Laoghaire might give up trying to get a boat to Wales and focus on being a big boat  club. 

IE will do a Ryanair and relocate Rosslare station to Dublin (or Cork) and call it Rosslare East

Irish Ferries move all France traffic to Dublin for 2019 and sell Oscar, charter IoI to Stena to replace Europe and change der name to Dublin Ferries (Cyprus).