Hurricane Ophelia

Started by 20knots, October 15, 2017, 10:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

20knots

At 20.00 Met Éireann extended the red weather alert nationwide

Dublin – Holyhead

Ulysses en route to Holyhead. 02.40 Monday Holyhead - Dublin to sail. All sailings cancelled during the day with Monday's 20.55 Dublin – Holyhead in doubt.

Epsilon cancelled Tuesday morning (01.55 ex Dublin; 08.00 ex Holyhead)

Stena Adventurer on her way to Holyhead and to return at 02.30 Monday. Next sailing would appear to be 08.20 ex Dublin Tuesday morning (Ferrycheck page mentions the time of the next sailing out of Holyhead but not from Dublin)

Superfast X on way to Dublin. Next sailing would appear to be 02.15 ex Dublin Tuesday morning

Rosslare – Fishguard

Stena Europe currently in Fishguard. 23.45 to Rosslare to operate. Next sailing expected to be 08.00 ex Rosslare Tuesday.

Rosslare – Pembroke Dock

Isle of Inishmore on passage to Pembroke Dock and to leave there early (circa 02.00 Monday) for return crossing. Resuming 08.45 ex Rosslare Tuesday.

Rosslare – France

Departure of Stena Horizon's 15.00 Sunday sailing ex Cherbourg has been delayed.
Oscar Wilde sailed from Rosslare at 18.00 for France. Currently at 20.3 knots.

France – Dublin

Epsilon at 22.4 knots off Cornwall bound for Dublin (She sailed from Cherbourg at 16.00hrs instead of the scheduled 17.00)
If the Hurricane advances faster/conditions deteriorate sooner could she need to head for Rosslare or Wales?

Haven't looked at the North Channel or Liverpool yet...

Cillian

Is this the first time that Ulysses has cancelled due to weather? (I'm pretty sure it is, but I could be wrong)

Chef

ferryfan

I don't ever remeber her being cancelled due to weather either. I wonder why Stena left Horizon in Cherbourg yesterday, she was due to depart at 3.00 pm, Epsilon left at 4.00pm and arrived safely into Dublin this morning well ahead of the weather.

TC

According to P&O Ferries Freight (@POFerriesFR8)

Norbay left Liverpool last night at 21.30, arrived in Dublin at 04.30.

As of present 21.30 ex Liverpool, operated by the European Endeavour is running "On-Time".

P&O's Norbay is scheduled to sail this evening (21.30) from Dublin.

A83

Did Ulysses go out after all on Monday? I thought I saw her entering  Dublin bay [on Marine Traffic] on Monday evening.

FerryMan

Ulysses arrived from Holyhead to Dublin on Monday morning at 05.55. She did not sail back to Holyhead until Tuesday morning at 08.05 sailing.
Ferry Master

Alan G

All 5 Dublin - Holyhead vessels moored up in Dublin on Monday with Super Fast X in Alexandra Basin.

Was that just timing or are the outer harbour berths in Holyhead not sheltered enough to ride out severe weather?

ccs

Brittany Ferries cancel the Pont Aven service to from Cork this weekend

Cork to Roscoff - Roscoff to Cork

We regret to inform you that, due to adverse weather conditions, the following sailings have been cancelled:

20/10/17 sailing at 20:30 from Roscoff to Cork.

21/10/17 sailing at 16:00 from Cork to Roscoff.

http://www.brittanyferries.ie/ferry-routes/sailing-updates