Game machines

Started by Lothar Ulsamer, October 02, 2017, 05:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lothar Ulsamer

For many years we've travelled with Irish Ferries to Ireland.

It is a pity, really, that over the past years on the 'Ulysses' all comfortable seats outside have vanished. You seem to just care for smokers only on your boats.

On the contrary the amount of "game machines" has risen. Maybe you think you should care for people who need those machines, too. But you should not do so under the headline "Family Entertainment". Family entertainment in my opinion has nothing to do with game machines. Or does Irish Ferries feel the necessity to earn money that way?

Please find more information on our trip with Irish Ferries in my blog (excuse me, it's only available in German): www.deutschland-geliebte-bananenrepublik.de - "Ulysses": Spielhalle auf großen Fahrt

Dr. Lothar Ulsamer and Cordula Ulsamer

ferryfan

Perhaps you are confusing your ships, I don't remember Ulysses ever having any outside seating. As to the gaming areas these remain unchanged too since the ship was delivered. In fact very little about the ship has changed since she was delivered other than name changes on restaurants and the club class lounge on deck 11.

marthyrarth

I agree with the comments - no need for gaming machines and so many of them on ferries.

Also it's disgraceful that Ulysses and other ships have little or no seating outside.  Superfast x has perhaps only one or two lifejacket locker, Adventurer has nothing.  Surely it's reasonable to have some seats outside to sit on?

I hope to travel on Stena Superfast x next week returning on Ulysses.  It'll be interesting to compare - though coffee prices on Irish sFerries seem exorbitant at  over £3.00.  Stena gives you coffee much cheaper, extra points and also free refills!!!!!

giftgrub

Quote from: marthyrarth on October 06, 2017, 12:55:43 PM
I agree with the comments - no need for gaming machines and so many of them on ferries.

Also it's disgraceful that Ulysses and other ships have little or no seating outside.  Superfast x has perhaps only one or two lifejacket locker, Adventurer has nothing.  Surely it's reasonable to have some seats outside to sit on?

I hope to travel on Stena Superfast x next week returning on Ulysses.  It'll be interesting to compare - though coffee prices on Irish sFerries seem exorbitant at  over £3.00.  Stena gives you coffee much cheaper, extra points and also free refills!!!!!

If you want to enjoy sitting outside, may I suggest you head South and take a trip on the Stena Europe, plenty of outside space spread over two decks with lots of seats to choose from, a most enjoyable way to cross the Irish Sea, and when the weather is choppy, even better.

marthyrarth

Good point regarding Stena Europe - but shouldn't need to have to travel many miles out of my way just to get a decent seat!

Same is true of many uk stations......

Steven

Quote from: marthyrarth on October 06, 2017, 12:55:43 PM

I think I recall more outside seating on deck 10 on SFX, but I could be mistaken.  It's not really in the ferry companies best interest to provide lots of outside seating as they want you inside spending money!  There's also fairly limited use of this seating for much of the year due to the weather in my personal experience.  Personally I've never seen the attraction of sitting outside versus going for a stroll.  X is particularly good in this respect (like her North Channel sisters).
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

Cillian

SFX 10 Has new bench type seating added on deck 7 both sides