france irlande

Started by bissiere, September 28, 2017, 10:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bissiere

stena horizon sera t' il remplacé par un autre ferry sur cherbourg rosselare?

bissiere

WHY OSCAR WILDE GO TO DUBLIN

Niall

Rosslare harbour is closed due to bad weather! Inishmore is strombound in Rosslare and Europe is stormbound in Fishguard.

wildmind

c'est vraiment dommage qu'avec les nouveaux horaires 2018, Irish Ferries n'offrira plus une service pour les piétons entre la France et l'irlande en hiver!

giftgrub

Anglais please.

Would imagine number of foot passengers is quite small on this route

PaddyL

Quote from: giftgrub on November 03, 2017, 09:25:05 PM
Anglais please.

Would imagine number of foot passengers is quite small on this route

Out of season yes and Stena are sailing the same days and taking foot passengers so I don't see the issue.

bissiere

why is the stena horizon not replaced from february 20th to march 19th 2018 last year stena nordica had replaced they do not have boat to replace it next year?

giftgrub

Quote from: bissiere on November 11, 2017, 11:32:14 AM
why is the stena horizon not replaced from february 20th to march 19th 2018 last year stena nordica had replaced they do not have boat to replace it next year?

At the moment it appears that Stena do not have a replacement vessel available, will be interesting to see if they do charter something to operate cover for the refit season.

bissiere

therefore,dublin cherbourg with epsilon on sunday isnot good for rosslare and stena line maybe that there are customers who will stay on dublin cherbourg instead of rosslare

bissiere

believe that stena will react  with the arrival of wb yeats and the doubling of irish ferry rotations

bissiere

someone knows what ship is replacing the stena horizon during the  dry dock because at this moment they are inspecting  a vessel capable of loading trucks with live animals it is the ministry of agriculture of ireland who asked them to find  a ship

jgf

thanks for the information, I had missed the coverage of this story in the Irish Newspapers.  According to this article from today https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/beef/live-calf-exports-set-to-surge-as-ship-awaits-the-green-light-36469194.html

we will not know for another 2 weeks if the ship has passed.

It can't be easy to find a ship this quickly. Still no bookings for the period on the stena website.

Can it be said for certain it is not Oscar Wilde they are talking about getting signed off here.

RorieLen

As far as I'm aware, Stena Line is the only operator that carries livestock from Ireland to France - I don't believe Irish Ferries have a licence for this trade.

According to Stena's website there will be no passenger service from Rosslare to Cherbourg from 20 Feb-19 Mar. I believe the replacement ship is to be a small freight only vessel but it is far from certain whether it will be certified for shipment of live animals given the need for adequate ventilation, lashing points and, perhaps crucially on that route, stabilisers.

We will find out soon

Ulysses17

Not true. Epsilon is certified to carry livestock from Ireland to France. The OW is not due to her lack of outside deck space.

bissiere

from what i read on the site in ireland the ship under inspection is in dry dock