france irlande

Started by bissiere, September 28, 2017, 10:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RorieLen

Quote from: Ulysses17 on January 19, 2018, 01:30:48 PM
Not true. Epsilon is certified to carry livestock from Ireland to France. The OW is not due to her lack of outside deck space.

Thanks - I thought it strange when I was told she didn't to be honest. Does she regularly ship livestock from Dublin then?

RorieLen

Quote from: bissiere on January 19, 2018, 02:27:36 PM
from what i read on the site in ireland the ship under inspection is in dry dock

I was told the ship is currently on another charter and is in service at the moment - she is definitely not in dry dock.

jgf

If Epsilon can carry livestock, whats the problem for the liver shippers? they don't want to change from Rosslare? or not enough capacity on Epsilon?

bissiere

the  contract was with celtic link which was taken over by stena line

Ulysses17

Quote from: RorieLen on January 19, 2018, 08:30:56 PM
Quote from: Ulysses17 on January 19, 2018, 01:30:48 PM
Not true. Epsilon is certified to carry livestock from Ireland to France. The OW is not due to her lack of outside deck space.

Thanks - I thought it strange when I was told she didn't to be honest. Does she regularly ship livestock from Dublin then?

She ships a few road trains with sheep and cattle every Saturday to Cherbourg. I know Ulysses and inishmore are only certified for horses and chickens.

bissiere

what is the name of the ship?

RorieLen

Quote from: bissiere on January 20, 2018, 05:06:59 PM
what is the name of the ship?

I believe it is to be Seatruck's Arrow, currently on charter to the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company and which has been sub-chartered to Condor recently for Channel Island service but is now doing a stint for Northlink.

bissiere

it looks like stena line still has not found a replacement ferry for horizon during the dry dock for export live animals

Steven

Quote from: bissiere on January 29, 2018, 07:59:55 PM
it looks like stena line still has not found a replacement ferry for horizon during the dry dock for export live animals
To be fair to Stena vessels need to fulfil strict requirements so it's not just a case of getting any vessel.  It's the vessel itself that's licenced to carry live exports after all.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

giftgrub

Apparentely the Arrow has been approved to replace the Stena Horizon, during the refit period

http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/replacement-ferry-gets-green-light-to-carry-calves-for-live-export

Freight only service due to no passenger capacity.

Davy Jones

Last year Stena Horizon spent time off her route covering for the Stena Mersey and Lagan refits and I think also some time at Holyhead releasing SFX for work up North. How did they address the live export problem then?

RorieLen

They used Stena Nordica which is fully stabilised and properly ventilated so was easily certified for the work.

giftgrub

And Stena Flavia before that, a similar Visentini built ferry.

RorieLen

Quote from: giftgrub on February 06, 2018, 11:24:15 PM
Apparentely the Arrow has been approved to replace the Stena Horizon, during the refit period

http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/replacement-ferry-gets-green-light-to-carry-calves-for-live-export

Freight only service due to no passenger capacity.

I'm hearing the replacement ship will not be Arrow after all...

Cillian

On the freight booking, it is listed as Arrow