Epsilon Boylan's Brasserie menu

Started by Irishexplorer, May 16, 2017, 08:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaddyL

Talking to some friends who were on the Epilson during the last Bank Holiday weekend there was quite a lot of cabaret onboard of people trying to find free seats and crew trying to get people to move from restaurant tables..

Awful match for the superb Ulysses

IFPete

If you want good food you should try the brasserie on Oscar Wilde.

ferryfan

Quote from: Irishexplorer on May 16, 2017, 08:05:20 PM
Hi everyone, does anybody have access to the dinner and breakfast menu on the Dublin to Cherbourg route?  Irish Ferries used to provide a link to what was available on each ship.  Now it is just a gallery of pictures.  Thanks in advance.

IF have put the menu's back on their site, link for Boylan's here
http://www.irishferries.com/globalassets/ships/isle-of-inishmore/inishmore-boylans-menu.pdf

It is more than likely the same menu on Epsilon.

mrhilo1

Boylans having been rebranded a little..   the same new minimalist look now appearing onboard as well. 

Steven

I have to say I was very pleased with the quality of food on Ulysses when I travelled on her in March.  Like all restaurants I suspect they have good days and bad days.  Yes its pricey, but so is just about every ferry.  I've paid more for less on dry land.

Quote from: ferryfan on June 19, 2017, 12:26:28 PM
Quote from: Irishexplorer on May 16, 2017, 08:05:20 PM
Hi everyone, does anybody have access to the dinner and breakfast menu on the Dublin to Cherbourg route?  Irish Ferries used to provide a link to what was available on each ship.  Now it is just a gallery of pictures.  Thanks in advance.

IF have put the menu's back on their site, link for Boylan's here
http://www.irishferries.com/globalassets/ships/isle-of-inishmore/inishmore-boylans-menu.pdf

It is more than likely the same menu on Epsilon.
Good to see the original question has (sort of) been answered.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

Chef

Who ever wrote that menu must have a degree in Creative Writing  .

Steven

Quote from: Chef on June 30, 2017, 07:12:52 AM
Who ever wrote that menu must have a degree in Creative Writing  .
Yes, the 'healthy breakfast' doesn't sound particularly healthy to me!  Sautéed mushrooms and hash browns?  I must admit I did enjoy the full irish breakfast I had on Ulysses though!  That was after the Guinness breakfast I had on boarding though ;).

Chef

The mushrooms and hash browns were most likely  deep fried , as was the sausage .

Steven

Quote from: Chef on July 09, 2017, 07:00:19 AM
The mushrooms and hash browns were most likely  deep fried , as was the sausage .
I must admit to having a soft spot for a deep fried sausage!  More and more places seem to do them in the oven now, my own employer included (with the exception of the vegetarian Ines which have to be deep fried).

Joint of the day means something different where I come from!

Anyway, can anyone confirm if the menu is the same on Epsilon or whether it is reduced in some way?  Just interested

ferryfan

Quote from: Steven on July 09, 2017, 02:38:44 PM
I must admit to having a soft spot for a deep fried sausage!  More and more places seem to do them in the oven now, my own employer included (with the exception of the vegetarian Ines which have to be deep fried).

Anyway, can anyone confirm if the menu is the same on Epsilon or whether it is reduced in some way?  Just interested

It is a reduced menu but still has a bit of variety including "around the world chicken"?
link
http://www.irishferries.com/globalassets/ships/epsilon/epsilon_boylansmenus.pdf

Steven

Quote from: ferryfan on July 10, 2017, 10:53:02 AM
Quote from: Steven on July 09, 2017, 02:38:44 PM

It is a reduced menu but still has a bit of variety including "around the world chicken"?
link
http://www.irishferries.com/globalassets/ships/epsilon/epsilon_boylansmenus.pdf

Thanks!  I've seen worse, and the variety looks good enough to me.  Saying that, it would be good to see what the vegetarian options actually are on the menu, for example my buddy wasn't going to bother with breakfast on Ulysses until he saw the French toast on the menu (which he said was the best he'd ever had).   "Around the world chicken" is an interesting concept.  Sounds like a bit of a lucky dip! 

Speaking of ferry menus, I must admit to missing my steak and pint on Stena.  Mind you, the steak wasn't as good as it used to be the last couple of times I had it!