Epsilon Boylan's Brasserie menu

Started by Irishexplorer, May 16, 2017, 08:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irishexplorer

Hi everyone, does anybody have access to the dinner and breakfast menu on the Dublin to Cherbourg route?  Irish Ferries used to provide a link to what was available on each ship.  Now it is just a gallery of pictures.  Thanks in advance. 

PaddyL

Quote from: Irishexplorer on May 16, 2017, 08:05:20 PM
Hi everyone, does anybody have access to the dinner and breakfast menu on the Dublin to Cherbourg route?  Irish Ferries used to provide a link to what was available on each ship.  Now it is just a gallery of pictures.  Thanks in advance.

Why don't you try Irish Ferries on Twitter or Facebook?

Irishexplorer

Hi Paddy.  I did.  After being passed from one section to another, I finally received the reply "We don't have the ships menu as the food served onboard is regularly changing to improve the variety we offer to passengers travelling".  This is rubbish, because there is a photograph of the restaurant, with it's permanent menu sign on the Irish Ferries website.  This gets too blurred if I zoom in.  In the past, Irish Ferries would post the menus online. 

ferryfan

Quote from: Irishexplorer on May 30, 2017, 08:30:40 AM
Hi Paddy.  I did.  After being passed from one section to another, I finally received the reply "We don't have the ships menu as the food served onboard is regularly changing to improve the variety we offer to passengers travelling".  This is rubbish, because there is a photograph of the restaurant, with it's permanent menu sign on the Irish Ferries website.  This gets too blurred if I zoom in.  In the past, Irish Ferries would post the menus online.
The quality of fare on Oscar Wilde is expensive and more importantly it is dreadful. On Ulysses in Boylans the only change on the menu is the prices which go up every year, it cost about €8 for  a lousy chicken baguette. If your travelling to France on Epsilon your departure is 15.30 so I would have a big lunch and bring food on-board. IF have removed the links to all menus from their website so they obviously have something they do not want passengers to know in advance.

Irishexplorer

Thanks Ferryfan.  That is what I suspect.  Certainly passengers are trapped on a long crossing and the options are to bring food or be forced to buy onboard at whatever price the company charge.  I'm doing the all inclusive P&O Ferries crossing from Liverpool to Dublin soon and will be interested to see how that goes.  They have charged me €97 one way for a car, driver & another passenger and will provide breakfasts, late afternoon meals, plus all soft drinks & teas/coffees.  What a deal.

alfie79

have to totally disagree with ferryfan on oscar wilde i was on her 2 wks ago and the food was top class,alot of the passnegers remarked on the food being top class on that crossing,also thought the value was very good too

PaddyL

In my experience IF self-service food is ridiculously over-priced and of variable quality.

The Oscar Wilde's waiter service restaurant's are generally good and relatively speaking much better value.

ferryfan

Quote from: alfie79 on May 31, 2017, 09:55:25 AM
have to totally disagree with ferryfan on oscar wilde i was on her 2 wks ago and the food was top class,alot of the passnegers remarked on the food being top class on that crossing,also thought the value was very good too
I should of been clearer I was only talking about my experience in the Left Bank Brasserie and did not use the Steakhouse or Berneval restaurants.

PaddyL

Quote from: ferryfan on May 31, 2017, 11:03:22 PM
Quote from: alfie79 on May 31, 2017, 09:55:25 AM
I should of been clearer I was only talking about my experience in the Left Bank Brasserie and did not use the Steakhouse or Berneval restaurants.

Yeah and I think that although the waiter service restaurants are more expensive they are better value/quality per Euro spent.

Irishexplorer

I appreciate the general Irish Ferries comments, but my specific query relates to the meals in Boylan's Brasserie on the Epsilon route from Dublin to Cherbourg. 

Chef

Irish Ferries consider Epsilon as their economy service so i would think that may give you a hint as to what standard of food service to expect on board .

PaddyL

Quote from: Chef on June 02, 2017, 11:27:41 AM
Irish Ferries consider Epsilon as their economy service so i would think that may give you a hint as to what standard of food service to expect on board .

Maybe so on the French route, but they do call the Epsilon a cruiseferry on the Holyhead route.

Chef

Quote from: PaddyL on June 02, 2017, 04:08:33 PM

Maybe so on the French route, but they do call the Epsilon a cruiseferry on the Holyhead route.
The call it an" economy service " on the French route .

PaddyL

Quote from: Chef on June 02, 2017, 05:52:31 PM

I didn't disagree!  Just saying they have the audacity to call it a cruiseferry on the Holyhead route.

Chef

Quote from: PaddyL on June 02, 2017, 11:43:21 PM
Quote from: Chef on June 02, 2017, 05:52:31 PM

Likewise , maybe they have a cabaret act on  the Hollyhead route

I didn't disagree!  Just saying they have the audacity to call it a cruiseferry on the Holyhead route.