Irish Ferries Clever Marketing

Started by Fast Ferry Fan, May 12, 2017, 09:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fast Ferry Fan

Ferry companies must be feeling the effects of Brexit.  Seems like there has been a near permanent sale on the Irish Sea, with the discounts only increasing as we head towards the peak summer season.

But Irish Ferries seem to have got one over Stena.

On Tuesday 9 May at midnight IF switch off their 25% off all sailings to Britain as do Stena.  On Friday 12 May (presumably at the end of the working day) IF switch it back on again.  Stena have not as yet reinstated the offer (as at 9.30pm, 12/5), and if it matches their slowness of about 3 weeks ago when a very similar event occurred, it will be Monday before they do - leaving a whole weekend where IF are 25% cheaper.

Repeat this a few times through the year and you can see it would seriously add to the bottom line and market share.

Fast Ferry Fan

I'm amazed.  It's now six days later and Stena have not as yet copied the IF promotion.

I cannot remember another time when one copy did not copy the other's discount within a couple of working days.

Are Stena getting sufficient traction without the need for discounting, or have they their own imminent campaign up their sleeve or is it just that their IT team is on holiday?

ferryfan

Quote from: Fast Ferry Fan on May 18, 2017, 12:20:44 AM
I'm amazed.  It's now six days later and Stena have not as yet copied the IF promotion.

I cannot remember another time when one copy did not copy the other's discount within a couple of working days.

Are Stena getting sufficient traction without the need for discounting, or have they their own imminent campaign up their sleeve or is it just that their IT team is on holiday?

Both companies are running promotions IF 25% off and Stena take a passenger for free both promotions are due to expire on the 22nd May.

Fast Ferry Fan

Aplogies, you're right.  Thought the friend for free just wasn't working as you have to click to get the code and no email about it either.