Weather disruptions

Started by ferryfan, January 13, 2017, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferryfan

Last nights 20:40 ex Dublin Stena Adventurer only docked in Holyhead at around 10.30 this morning and is being assisted at the berth by the tug St David. Superfast X docked around 08:30 (*using IF berth) Epsilon has yet to dock and has spent the night out at sea. 
As of 11:30 IOI is en route to Holyhead eta of 12:15 dependent on a berth becoming available. Superfast X is expected to depart Holyhead at about 12:00. The next Stena sailing ex Dublin is going to be Superfast X departing at the later time of about 16:10.
Irish Ferries have cancelled the afternoon Epsilon from Dublin to Holyhead with IOI running about half an hour late on her Holyhead to Dublin sailing.

ferryfan

Just to update Epsilon is still unable to dock and has now been at sea for over 12 hours. Passengers must be dizzy going around in circles.

Chris2016

All I can Say for 20 years old the Inishmore is a Fantastic Ship , I have great memories of the inishmore , Gayle force 11 storms while on the Dublin - Holyhead route , Being in the Bridge meeting Captain Tom Joyce so Many years ago . Also Im glad the inishmore is around until Tuesday at least on the Dublin - Holyhead route I hope to get another trip on it . Such a lovely vessel I wish it would stay in Dublin . Great ferry . Every time the inishmore comes to Dublin id happily to  take a trip on it . it is well maintained such a credit to irish ferries . I was on the inishmore yesterday it took to the irish sea with a minor delay but no problems at all to the lovely ferry .

HSS

PaddyL

Inishmore is a beautifully well maintained ship and her crew are amazing.

Her Senior Master Gerry Burns is not just a great Master Mariner but a really nice guy and I'm sure his leadership is part of what makes this such a great vessel.

Chris2016

I had Captain Alan Stroud on My Journey on the Inishmore .

PaddyL

Quote from: Chris2016 on January 14, 2017, 07:30:26 PM
I had Captain Alan Stroud on My Journey on the Inishmore .

Another really nice guy.

Davy Jones

Storm Doris!

Looks like Stena Adventurer has been having problems at Dublin. She has been circling Dublin Bay since 5am this morning. From AIS it looks like she is now proceeding towards the Liffey, presumably to attempt a berthing soon. Stena Nordica, who looks to be having the day off, has moved off Berth 51 to make way for her.

Ulysses, as dependable as ever, is around 15 miles off Holyhead, slightly behind schedule but looks like she had no trouble at all berthing at Dublin in the early hours. That said, I can imagine the IF berth is easier to negotiate in wind than the Stena Berth.

The strange thing is that AIS shows that the wind is only a few knots. (You can turn wind information on or off under the 'Layers' menu).

I think it goes without saying that Swifty is going nowhere today.

Jbeans

I adore the Inishmore. Such a lovely ship and all staff are welcoming.
As said a credit to Irish Ferries

HSS

Yes Storm Doris, Adventurer very late in and Nordica late out of Dublin today  >:(